The Student Room Group

Access course for Oxbridge?

Hi all, I was just wondering what the likelihood is of someone of my circumstances being able to get into Oxbridge? Any help would be brilliant.

In a few months time I will have started a humanities access course at my local college (the intention being to take history at undergrad after.)

For personal reasons I wasn't able to take my GCSE's (care, hospital, etc.) The only one that I have at the moment is for English language, though by the end of this course I will have gained another (maths.) I have relevant experience within museums as a volunteer, and have been involved with the subject for as far back as I can remember.

It's definitely not a broad list of achievements 😂 but I do love my subject deeply, and so I'm going to try at the very least because the facilities are incredible.

Thanks again!
Original post by 20george
Hi all, I was just wondering what the likelihood is of someone of my circumstances being able to get into Oxbridge? Any help would be brilliant.

In a few months time I will have started a humanities access course at my local college (the intention being to take history at undergrad after.)

For personal reasons I wasn't able to take my GCSE's (care, hospital, etc.) The only one that I have at the moment is for English language, though by the end of this course I will have gained another (maths.) I have relevant experience within museums as a volunteer, and have been involved with the subject for as far back as I can remember.

It's definitely not a broad list of achievements 😂 but I do love my subject deeply, and so I'm going to try at the very least because the facilities are incredible.

Thanks again!

Cambridge is possible...

https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/apply/before/accepted-qualifications

https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses/admission-requirements/uk-qualifications

Though you should check directly and also clarify how they feel about your GCSEs.
(edited 1 month ago)
Hey,

I'm currently studying an access course in Humanities and have applied for the Foundation Year at Cambridge. I'm yet to hear whether I'll be interviewed, but I can tell you that I've received offers from St Andrews and Exeter to study history.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending