The Student Room Group

Image button not working and can't add text after image

Original post by Talkative Toad
I see, on the ball then. Good information to know that I might share it in one of the other threads

Spreading knowledge of workarounds can't hurt, although the fact you can get a view with bbcodes (by editing your post) just makes it even more perplexing that it hasn't been added to the reply editor.

[I am starting to wonder if the Devs are finding it difficult to edit the react reply editor. You'd expect it to be trivial to remove the (non-working) IMG button, and yet they haven't done it].
Original post by DFranklin
Spreading knowledge of workarounds can't hurt, although the fact you can get a view with bbcodes (by editing your post) just makes it even more perplexing that it hasn't been added to the reply editor.

[I am starting to wonder if the Devs are finding it difficult to edit the react reply editor. You'd expect it to be trivial to remove the (non-working) IMG button, and yet they haven't done it].

The IMG button works well for me I think on both React and ST2, but not in all cases, same with the attachment button on ST2 to be fair.

Apologies if I've missed discussion on this previously, but do you have some examples of the image button not working, please?
Reply 3
Original post by RainbowLapras
Apologies if I've missed discussion on this previously, but do you have some examples of the image button not working, please?

May have been user error I realised. Let me check:
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 4
OK, that doesn't seem user error (it probably was before, because I forgot you can't just paste the imgur URL from the address bar, as that's a full web page).

But in the post just above, it displayed fine in the editor, seems to have disapperaed when I made the post.
Reply 5
@RainbowLapras : The edit to post 38 was me retrying and making absolutely sure I didn't press cancel or anything by mistake. Image appeared, pressing Save shows "Saving" for a bit and then the post doesn't seem to have an image (or indeed, editing it, any IMG tag).
OK, that doesn't seem user error (it probably was before, because I forgot you can't just paste the imgur URL from the address bar, as that's a full web page).

But in the post just above, it displayed fine in the editor, seems to have disapperaed when I made the post.

Afternoon! I believe this should be fixed now, would you be able to confirm it's working for you if you get a change, please? :smile:
Reply 7
Testing an image in a post (again)...

gfdgdf

Note: it doesn't seem possible to enter text after the image?

Edit: text entered after image by editing the post (at which point the image is inside bbcode tags).
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by RainbowLapras
Afternoon! I believe this should be fixed now, would you be able to confirm it's working for you if you get a change, please? :smile:

The image appears, but it doesn't seem it's possible to enter text after the image?

Edit: it doesn't seem possible to enter text after the image in the normal ("Reply") editor - I don't seem to be able to get the cursor "below" the image. I was able to edit the post and put text after tha image then.
(edited 5 months ago)
The image appears, but it doesn't seem it's possible to enter text after the image?

Edit: it doesn't seem possible to enter text after the image in the normal ("Reply") editor - I don't seem to be able to get the cursor "below" the image. I was able to edit the post and put text after tha image then.
Afternoon! This should be resolved now, could you let me know if it's working for you, please? :smile: