Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BhArJ)
When i split up with my gf of 3 years the same thing happend :rolleyes:

dam women :hmpf: :mad: :bebored:
*****es - she's lied to me for two years about one particular lad saying how she could never be with him or anybody like him because he's so arrogant and just users girls.. she's with him now.
Makes me feel wonderful.
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by M-J)
singleness is great....
free food, no commitment.....as many girls as i want
lifes good.
your a guy? :eek:
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BhArJ)
Put it this way

If you have a 3 pack and cufarettes

Whats going to stop the gf you find dumping you and getting with some1 with a 6 pack and some cigars? :rolleyes:
Off topic: I wonder if it's physically possible to develop a 3-pack... hmm...
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
*****es - she's lied to me for two years about one particular lad saying how she could never be with him or anybody like him because he's so arrogant and just users girls.. she's with him now.
Makes me feel wonderful.
lol atleast your ex went for another guy :bebored:
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
yeah ok so i sounded a bit tight, but what i said is true, and the only way to increase your confidence is to act in the real world, not on the internet adding a few 's for good measure!

go out with friends, talk to them about your confidence problems, think of your strengths rather than just your problems and weaknesses, everyone has their issues and weaknesses, identifying them and getting on with life is the key.
Don't worry about it dude... I felt bad about appearing really sarky and edited my post, you're only telling the truth. I want to get out a lot more but my finances aren't looking very good... I'll try getting out when I can though. Thanks...
annabellewalter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You know the best thing that ever happened to my love life? Working on an ice cream van.
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by annabellewalter)
You know the best thing that ever happened to my love life? Working on an ice cream van.
Hehe... care to explain?
annabellewalter
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I found I got talking to people really easily, ice cream van people are easily approachable and easy to flirt with, I took a lot of numbers those weeks, and ended up going out with one of my customers for 2 years, we're still good mates 4 years on!!
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My family are sh*te, and I don't have a boyfriend....find solace in brilliant music, true friendships and tasty food. Learn to acknowledge your special bits so you don't need someone else to remind you.
Amen. I don't have a boyfriend either.
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I found I got talking to people really easily, ice cream van people are easily approachable and easy to flirt with, I took a lot of numbers those weeks, and ended up going out with one of my customers for 2 years, we're still good mates 4 years on!!
Hehehe cool!
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Being single is very good.

Going to a singles party on Valentines night is even better.
covered farm wagon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm single, and quite happy with it. I'm studying for a year in Canada next year anyway, so I'm not really looking for a serious style relationship. Dates are fun though, and it's nice getting a card or something on Valentines Day (although, I've only ever had one so meh, what would I know?). Sometimes I think it might be nice to have a man, but if I'm honest I'm probably a bit too selfish and stuck in my old single ways to do it successfully. Like, I like my 'me' time, and if someone tried to invade it, I might have to kill them.

I see lots of people seem to lack confidence here. I'm much more confident than I used to be, and I think a good way to become more confident in yourself is to pretend to be more confident than you are. Not ridiculously so, but if you feel self conscious dancing in a club, then get up and dance anyway like you don't care, and then you realise that its not so scary and people aren't staring in shock. And then you like dancing, and realise that maybe you look quite OK doing it. Same with clothes; I used to be terrified of skirts but then I just wore them to see what happened, and it was only good things so I wear them all the time now.
I'm not sure whether this actually works or if I completely made it up, but I hope someone finds it useful, because it's taken five minutes to type.

Yay for dancing!

Emma
xxxxx
M-J
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BhArJ)
your a guy? :eek:
no!!! im a girl! uh isnt it obvious. :rolleyes:
im a girl GIRL! lol
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I hated being single. I don't like feeling alone. But i guess i've always felt alone until recently, and now i know how lucky i am not to be single, because love is so great.
katiesado
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
singlehood is best- no drama, no mess, no obligations.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by katiesado)
singlehood is best- no drama, no mess, no obligations.
But also no intense feeling of lifes power, the realisation that you are a part of the world, because you are loved within it, that you are part of someone else, and they are a part of you.
TheLameMonkey
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I really didn't mind being single when I was, and now I'm not I'm just as happy in this state.

Having said that, valentines day is a big farce anyway, although its a good excuse for pizza!
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
But also no intense feeling of lifes power, the realisation that you are a part of the world, because you are loved within it, that you are part of someone else, and they are a part of you.
:confused: I don't get that feeling lol
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dero)
I really didn't mind being single when I was, and now I'm not I'm just as happy in this state.

Having said that, valentines day is a big farce anyway, although its a good excuse for pizza!
mmmm pizza. my favorite food of all
katiesado
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
i get that feeling from travelling and seeing the world and writing down my experiences. it's a clean euphoria- love's intensity is too tangled up.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.3%
No (214)
76.7%

Watched Threads