The Student Room Group

Application

I had applied to the University of Southampton a month ago and haven’t heard back from them. It is shown that my application is on hold.Am I more likely to get rejected?
Reply 1
Original post by Aswathy Santhosh
I had applied to the University of Southampton a month ago and haven’t heard back from them. It is shown that my application is on hold.Am I more likely to get rejected?

No. They'll make a decision on your application as soon as they can. The average wait time for applications tends to be around 7 weeks, but inevitably at this time of year, it'll take longer.
Original post by Aswathy Santhosh
Hey @Aswathy Santhosh ,

The "On Hold" status simply means that your application is still under review, and that the university has not yet reached a final decision. I personally got my last acceptance all the way at the end of March, so do not worry as these things can take unexpectedly long in some cases. Also, the status does not imply any kind of bias towards your application being rejected or accepted.

If you have any further queries, feel free to leave them here.

Cheers,
-Addy(Kingston Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending