The Student Room Group

Still waiting for decisions while acceptance deadlines for current offers approach

Hi guys! I've applied to a few places for my MA in English Literature. I've received offers from a few already but I'm still holding out to see if I get into an even better university. The issue is that the ones that have already sent me offers have their acceptance deadlines far too early and the rest of the universities might not even have sent out decisions by then. I'm honestly quite confused. I would accept the best offer temporarily but the deposit is meant to be paid with acceptance and there is no refund option.

Does anyone know the earliest one hears from Oxford (I applied in Jan), Cardiff, Edinburgh and Warwick? Those are the ones I'm waiting on.
Reply 1
Original post by Shaanzeh Nadeem
Hi guys! I've applied to a few places for my MA in English Literature. I've received offers from a few already but I'm still holding out to see if I get into an even better university. The issue is that the ones that have already sent me offers have their acceptance deadlines far too early and the rest of the universities might not even have sent out decisions by then. I'm honestly quite confused. I would accept the best offer temporarily but the deposit is meant to be paid with acceptance and there is no refund option.

Does anyone know the earliest one hears from Oxford (I applied in Jan), Cardiff, Edinburgh and Warwick? Those are the ones I'm waiting on.
Could you ask for dates to be extended.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending