The Student Room Group

Dentistry as Second Undergraduate degree

To SFE.

I have currently finished my healthcare and social science degree in Nursing (3 years).

However, I am looking into studying further, specifically undergraduate Dentistry (5 years). I wanted to ask what, if any, financial support I could receive? As this is one of my main concerns before applying.

My nursing degree isn't science related so I am not eligible for the graduate level degree, however I am eligible to undergraduate dentistry as a graduate.

Thank you
Original post by IK23
To SFE.

I have currently finished my healthcare and social science degree in Nursing (3 years).

However, I am looking into studying further, specifically undergraduate Dentistry (5 years). I wanted to ask what, if any, financial support I could receive? As this is one of my main concerns before applying.

My nursing degree isn't science related so I am not eligible for the graduate level degree, however I am eligible to undergraduate dentistry as a graduate.

Thank you
HI there,

Can you confirm if you hold a honours degree?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Yes thank you, I hold a Bachelor of Science with Honors
Original post by IK23
Yes thank you, I hold a Bachelor of Science with Honors
Based on what you have advised you should be eligible for the Maintenance Loan only years 1-4, then Reduced Rate Maintenance Loan subsequent years. Nothing would be definite till you apply and we can review your application/evidence.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply