The Student Room Group

Returning after a foundation year

Right so, I studied a foundation year in 2021 then went onto study part of my first ‘proper’ year in 2022, but my mental health rapidly declined and I decided to withdraw for a few years while I got myself back on track. I recieved an unconditional offer today from SAE in Liverpool to study a two year accelerated course and accepted but I’m just wondering, will I be eligible for funding for both years. I rang SFE and asked and they said I’d only be eligible for a year, but surely I’d have more funding than that available. If not I was going to submit an CPR form to apply for more funding, but was just wondering if anybody had been in a similar situation.
Original post by apounder03
Right so, I studied a foundation year in 2021 then went onto study part of my first ‘proper’ year in 2022, but my mental health rapidly declined and I decided to withdraw for a few years while I got myself back on track. I recieved an unconditional offer today from SAE in Liverpool to study a two year accelerated course and accepted but I’m just wondering, will I be eligible for funding for both years. I rang SFE and asked and they said I’d only be eligible for a year, but surely I’d have more funding than that available. If not I was going to submit an CPR form to apply for more funding, but was just wondering if anybody had been in a similar situation.
Hi there. The information you were provided over the phone would be correct. This is because you would have 2 years of previous study, even if you only studied part of the year in 2022. As all students only receive one additional year and you have used two you would only be funded for the 2nd year of your new course unless you can provide CPR evidence. Thanks - David

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending