Turn on thread page Beta

setting up a swim team watch

Announcements
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    was anyone ever on a swim team when they were a kid? I'm trying to set one up but I don't have a clue

mods please don't move this to sport, it seems that forum is more used for the discussion of professional sports and I'm looking for general advice. thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sublime_envy)
    was anyone ever on a swim team when they were a kid? I'm trying to set one up but I don't have a clue

mods please don't move this to sport, it seems that forum is more used for the discussion of professional sports and I'm looking for general advice. thanks
    yeh i was on a swim team when I was young My mommy forced me to :mad: lol but now, in the long run (as she said) i'm happy I learnt how to swim - it was a lot of boring crap but now I enjoy the odd swim - It's very good for keeping you fit

ReputationRep:
    I cant swim
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    yeah thats what I'm thinking what sort of stuff did you do?
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by VixenIW)
    I cant swim
    really? neither of my flatmates can either. do you ever feel like learning or are you scared of water?

ReputationRep:

i was on a swim teem and it was sooo fun

well first try to find a swimming pool
    then ask the manager of the swimming pool if its possible to reserve the whole thing for one (or more hours) ..and if it is possible to set up a timetable and ask how much will it cost..

according to that calculate how much one kid has to pay...

and then go to some kindergardens or elementary school and put up some posters with your name and program and other stuff...

something along this lines
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by parsimony)
    i was on a swim teem and it was sooo fun

well first try to find a swimming pool
    then ask the manager of the swimming pool if its possible to reserve the whole thing for one (or more hours) ..and if it is possible to set up a timetable and ask how much will it cost..

according to that calculate how much one kid has to pay...

and then go to some kindergardens or elementary school and put up some posters with your name and program and other stuff...

something along this lines
    maybe I should explain a bit more I am in the air force reserves and it will be a pool on base that we can have 2 days a week. so it will be people in the age range of 18-21 and it will be free. I really don't know how to start it off though :confused:

But have a kiddie swim team sounds really cool actually...

ReputationRep:
    maybe I should explain a bit more I am in the air force reserves and it will be a pool on base that we can have 2 days a week. so it will be people in the age range of 18-21 and it will be free. I really don't know how to start it off though :confused:

But have a kiddie swim team sounds really cool actually...

and are you a good swimmer so you can coach somebody? :rolleyes:
    if yes then .. try to make it popular among ppl...tell them its fun and its good for their shape nd health

and if you will have enough applicants..then start a lesson with a good warm up

i dont know much about swimming (but i know how to swim ) so i can not help you further
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by parsimony)

and are you a good swimmer so you can coach somebody? :rolleyes:
    if yes then .. try to make it popular among ppl...tell them its fun and its good for their shape nd health

and if you will have enough applicants..then start a lesson with a good warm up

i dont know much about swimming (but i know how to swim ) so i can not help you further
    I have about 10 people. Im hoping to take it in turns with 2 other people to coach and we'll have a physical training instructor looking over our shoulder. Yeah warm ups sound good. I don't think anyone is too fit!

ReputationRep:
    I have about 10 people. Im hoping to take it in turns with 2 other people to coach and we'll have a physical training instructor looking over our shoulder. Yeah warm ups sound good. I don't think anyone is too fit!
    well one more thing..
    i personally think..that if those ppl are making it for fun (and not because they want to become profesional swimmers) then don't be overwhelming strickt..ppl dont like that and it's an easy way how to loose applicants

just make it fun..play some games (water polo or other stuff) :bath:

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.