This discussion is closed.
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I'm in a bit of a conundrum. I have recently noticed that my friend (let's call her Anna) has cultivated a bit of a moustache. Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't mention it, but she's just told me that her Internet boyfriend is visiting soon, for the first time. Anna will obviously want to look good. I'm seeing her later in the week - do I tell her about the moustache?

Girls - if you had a moustache, would you want to be told? If your friend had one, would you have the guts to tell her?
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
wax that baby when shes asleep
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i've just woken up...and of the things i expected to read that was not it :eek:
ladyshort4u
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How about you treat her to a trip to a beauty salon - just say its coz u felt like giving her a present or sumthing and so she can make her internet boyfriend think she's hot- and then she'll have it done - think ur the most amazing person in the world for getting her a free trip to the salon and not have a moustache anymore! there...solved...
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hasn't she noticed it herself?
I mean, if its that obvious, then she must have done.
Trousers
Rep:
?
(Original post by sublime_envy)
wax that baby when shes asleep
I'm never around her when she's asleep, but it's an idea. I could make sure she's too drunk to find the train station and make her stay in my spare room when she visits...

A reasonable plan, but one with flaws. Next, please!
M-J
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
nah girls look closer at thier friends than themselves.
i'd just tell her, in a nice tactful way
Trousers
Rep:
?
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Hasn't she noticed it herself?
I mean, if its that obvious, then she must have done.
I thought that too, and I certainly don't want to point it out if she already knows it's there. But if she'd noticed it, surely she would have got rid of it?
Aeris
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just tell her about some other friend you have that waxed or plucked her moustache recently (make it up). She'll most likely think of herself during the conversation, and if you're good friends she wont mind sharing about her own problem. It's girl talk. I wouldn't be offended.
Trousers
Rep:
?
(Original post by ladyshort4u)
How about you treat her to a trip to a beauty salon - just say its coz u felt like giving her a present or sumthing and so she can make her internet boyfriend think she's hot- and then she'll have it done - think ur the most amazing person in the world for getting her a free trip to the salon and not have a moustache anymore! there...solved...
Good idea, but I can't afford it at the moment.
parsimony
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Trousers)
Girls - if you had a moustache, would you want to be told? If your friend had one, would you have the guts to tell her?
ofcoarse you should tell her..if she is your friend she wont take it as an insult.. you should help her, thats what friends do

btw how did she manege to grow that moustache? is she takin some kind of hormones or is it just an unpleasant coincidence??
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I thought that too, and I certainly don't want to point it out if she already knows it's there. But if she'd noticed it, surely she would have got rid of it?
Why? Maybe she likes it there?
Charlottie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
She'll have noticed herself. She'll sort it if she wants to, it's up to her. Only tell her if you're really close, or she may be offended. Oh, and everyone has one, it's just that with some girls, hair is darker and so it's more noticeable. Whatever happens, don't let her pluck it!
Trousers
Rep:
?
(Original post by ArisGreenleaf)
Just tell her about some other friend you have that waxed or plucked her moustache recently (make it up). She'll most likely think of herself during the conversation, and if you're good friends she wont mind sharing about her own problem. It's girl talk. I wouldn't be offended.
That's a good one, but I couldn't say it to her face - possibly one for an email conversation. You really wouldn't be offended...?
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
give her a link to this thread
Trousers
Rep:
?
(Original post by parsimony)
ofcoarse you should tell her..if she is your friend she wont take it as an insult.. you should help her, thats what friends do

btw how did she manege to grow that moustache? is she takin some kind of hormones or is it just an unpleasant coincidence??
I don't think she's taking hormones. She's just split up with a long-term boyfriend - if she was waxing it before, she might have recently stopped. She has really dark hair, so it's only natural, but I bet this new boyfriend won't think of it like that.
Aeris
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That's a good one, but I couldn't say it to her face - possibly one for an email conversation. You really wouldn't be offended...?
I would be thankful...but then again I have no friends :bebored:
parsimony
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't think she's taking hormones. She's just split up with a long-term boyfriend - if she was waxing it before, she might have recently stopped. She has really dark hair, so it's only natural, but I bet this new boyfriend won't think of it like that.
well then just talk to her honestly..i think that exacly what she needs
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What about telling her you're worried that you're getting a bit of a tache yourself and trying to figure out whether to wax or bleach it and ask what she thinks would be best.

If she has been waxing/bleaching in the past she'll probably give you advice, if she's never done it before then it might reassure her that it's common....and either way it might prompt her into doing something about her own if she wants to and if she doesn't do anything then it's obviously not something she's worried about.
roff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Have you ever considered the possibility she WANTS to look like a man ?? It shouldn't be about how you perceive other people, let her self-perceive, don't be faceeeshus
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads