The Student Room Group

Student Finance Postgraduate

Hi, I'm currently and integrated Masters students (Open University MPhys, M06).

However I have noticed that the modules I require are different to the modules I will be doing in the integrated masters, therefore I will change from MPhys to BSc, Maths and Physics.

Will I still be eligible for SFE funding for postgraduate studies having already started and integrated Masters? on my SFE portal, there is a sum showing that I have used the Postgrad allowance for some of my SFE funding for the MPhys.

This is why I am confused and asking this question, many thanks.
Hi Kiddo276,

You would be ineligible for the Postgraduate Loan if you previously received funding from SFE for an integrated masters. The only exception to this would be if you had Compelling Personal Reasons why you were unable to continue on that previous course and obtain that qualification.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply