This discussion is closed.
InterCity125
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Has anybody used it on a Voyager - if so what do they give you?
joesharp
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by InterCity125)
Has anybody used it on a Voyager - if so what do they give you?
I think you get free refreshments, or something like that. I haven't used it, though I heard announcements on the train about it.
Ynox
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i know on first great western on first class you get a drink, a newspaper/magazine and a sandwich. I'd assume it to be the same with virgin.
sleepyeba
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't get it... why not go by economy class and buy a hundred drinks, newspapers and sandwiches?

I had a bad train experience . I was visiting Cambridge with a friend, (coming from Leeds) our connection was at Peterborough.
Unfortunately, the doors wouldn't open when we pressed the buttons! "Panic panic hammer on the door argh try the other one, wait the train's leaving peterborough.. oh **** we're going to London!"
Had to walk through all the carriages and first class to the train man to explain things. (who didn't believe us, and thought we couldn't use door buttons...)
And then, to cap it off, when we were going back home and waiting at Peterborough, we saw THE SAME train again (going somewhere else, this time) with little handwritten signs on the window "Doors do not work". They were not there before!
InterCity125
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by sleepyeba)
I don't get it... why not go by economy class and buy a hundred drinks, newspapers and sandwiches?

I had a bad train experience . I was visiting Cambridge with a friend, (coming from Leeds) our connection was at Peterborough.
Unfortunately, the doors wouldn't open when we pressed the buttons! "Panic panic hammer on the door argh try the other one, wait the train's leaving peterborough.. oh **** we're going to London!"
Had to walk through all the carriages and first class to the train man to explain things. (who didn't believe us, and thought we couldn't use door buttons...)
And then, to cap it off, when we were going back home and waiting at Peterborough, we saw THE SAME train again (going somewhere else, this time) with little handwritten signs on the window "Doors do not work". They were not there before!
Second class: £10.70
First: £19.80
Given that a tea and sandwich is about £4, makes perfect sense for a 4hr30min trip
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by InterCity125)
Second class: £10.70
First: £19.80
Not with first great western!
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You can pay upto £200 more for first class on the Manchester to London routes! That iis if you don't book in advanced though.
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
last time i was on a train i sat in first class and 'fell asleep' when the ticket inspector came around - apex return money well spent
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (31)
25%
No (93)
75%

Watched Threads