Suspected bias at the Gurdian Watch

This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Why is it when MMU get a new Vice Chancelor it makes the headlines of the education pages? When Salford gets a new one it dosn't even merit a single article? :mad:
ChemistBoy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Why is it when MMU get a new Vice Chancelor it makes the headlines of the education pages? When Salford gets a new one it dosn't even merit a single article? :mad:
Bias at the guardian? :rolleyes:

I think this maybe more a reflection on how media-savvy the universities are.
AT82
Rep:
?
I will let them off then, Prince Philip used to be chancellor of Salford until as recently as 1996. He probably gave up when it went below 50 in the league tables and never picked up since.

So a chancllor is just like some old golf playing pipe smoking fuffyduffy chairman of a company who dosn't actually do anything other than attend major press functions?
Checking for Spies
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
MMU have probably just got a better PR lol
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by *alicia*)
MMU have probably just got a better PR lol
They probably do, its one of MMU's greatest strenghts and somthing that Salford has always struggeled with. Salford's problem is its marketing is almost exclusive to the North West, where as MMU tends to advertise and send out press releases on a wider scale.

Steve Bennet (the rocket man) seems to be Salford's best publicity asset.
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Since Salford has a new VC, but not in the guardian, it might be on the manchester news/north west england news or some sources like that.
AT82
Rep:
?
Most the news papers in the North West is owned by the Guardian, remeber The Guardian is technicaly a Manchester paper, the registered office is still in Manchester, however most its content is now done in Fleet Steet. I suppose any bias should not filter through and the MEN is usualy kinder to Salford than many other universities in the area.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
7.34%
They might tell the bully (26)
10.04%
I don't think they'd understand (42)
16.22%
It might lead to more bullying (93)
35.91%
There's nothing they could do (79)
30.5%

Watched Threads