The Student Room Group

Why am I so bad at maths

Soon I got my maths a level. I just received my mock results and got B (few marks off an A). I revised so much, and even did past papers from other exam boards and revised the topics I did bad on. So why can’t I get an A/A* and will I be able to get it in my actual a levels?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
I got a B in AS level. Then at a2 I got an A with 3 marks off an A*. Keep at it and keep doing as much questions as possible. I’d probably stick to your exam board. Do questions from your textbook and do all past papers including from older years from 2001 onwards (freeexampapers.com is pretty good). Save some papers like 5 closer to the weeks leading up to the exam and do them in time conditions. And of course if unsure let your teacher know and let them explain it to you. I was quite shy in class and would approach my teacher during lunch time and she was always happy to help.

Quick Reply