Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Lately, my eyes have started going all weird. Its like i can see little white flashy things in them and round the edge of my view is all wavy like water. :confused: Has anyone else had this before and know whats wrong or do you think it could be the computer screen affecting my eyesight like i thought?

ReputationRep:
    what type of computer screen you got?

ReputationRep:
    A normal one :confused: lol

Not a LCD one if thats what you mean.

(Original post by need_money)
    Lately, my eyes have started going all weird. Its like i can see little white flashy things in them and round the edge of my view is all wavy like water. :confused: Has anyone else had this before and know whats wrong or do you think it could be the computer screen affecting my eyesight like i thought?
    never had that before... have you tried changing the brightness/contrast?

ReputationRep:
    CRT...?
    they emit UV radiation... the stuff that the sun gives out...
    no worries, but it's the cause of skin cancer with some people... esp those who goes abroad...
    it's probably even worse for the (sensitive) eyes...
    CRT monitors only emit a bit of it tho...
    if it's bothering you too much, get a TFT...

ReputationRep:
    Had you paused to consider the possibility that you might be travelling forwards in time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Had you paused to consider the possibility that you might be travelling forwards in time?
    how does that work?!
    i wanna know!.................

ReputationRep:
    Nope, will do though.

(Original post by heminder)
    how does that work?!
    i wanna know!.................
    move your head forwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrew2022)
    move your head forwards.
    it ain't working!!!

ReputationRep:
    Also: if you are still able to perceive (and consciously manipulate) the Windows GUI, several hours after retiring for the night, then you may want to decrease the 'gamma' setting by around 7000%. This applies similarly if you find yourself able to discern the composition of your desktop wallpaper through an adjoining wall.

ReputationRep:
    CRT...?
    they emit UV radiation... the stuff that the sun gives out...
    no worries, but it's the cause of skin cancer with some people... esp those who goes abroad...
    it's probably even worse for the (sensitive) eyes...
    CRT monitors only emit a bit of it tho...
    if it's bothering you too much, get a TFT...
    I would if i had that sort of money. lol

it ain't working!!!
    moce your head forwards. youll move forward in time.

oh wait. time was gonna move regardless wasnt it?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Also: if you are still able to perceive (and consciously manipulate) the Windows GUI, several hours after retiring for the night, then you may want to decrease the 'gamma' setting by around 7000%. This applies similarly if you find yourself able to discern the composition of your desktop wallpaper through an adjoining wall.
    W00t!

Wtf are you going on about? lol

I would if i had that sort of money. lol
    ever considered selling yourself?

ReputationRep:
    W00t!

Wtf are you going on about? lol
    To paraphrase: should your monitor display appear to be visible through brick walls/layers of another, ostensibly opaque, material, then one would prescribe a slight reduction in the 'gamma' setting. Failing that, you may be needing a new pair of retinas.

That is all.

ReputationRep:
    A TFT monitor will improve this, since I got my TFT its been a god send, I no longer get head aces and everything is much crisper making it easier to read. You also have the advantage of not having huge bright electron guns staring at your eyes flashing about 75 times a second.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrew2022)
    ever considered selling yourself?
    Yep, a lot actually.

ReputationRep:
    when using the computer for long periods of time, every 20mins or so just look away from the monitor and focus on something else,

ReputationRep:
    ostensibly opaque
    Surely ostensibly doesn't make sense there?

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.