This discussion is closed.
Refused
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
when using the computer for long periods of time, every 20mins or so just look away from the monitor and focus on something else,
Like the TV.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by need_money)
Lately, my eyes have started going all weird. Its like i can see little white flashy things in them and round the edge of my view is all wavy like water. :confused: Has anyone else had this before and know whats wrong or do you think it could be the computer screen affecting my eyesight like i thought?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/me...tes/437825.stm
"Migraine with aura (classical migraine)

"The headache is preceded by visual disturbances such as flashing lights, zig zag lines and blind spots, or tingling limbs.

"The average length of a migraine attack is 22 hours and sufferers generally feel washed out for another one to two days afterwards.

"The average number of attacks per sufferer is 13 per year. "

Turn off the PC.
heminder
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
the best option for anyone to completely REMOVE ALL forms of radiation harm is to get a projector. if you want one of those snazzy £6000 ones then go for it, but eBay sell DIY projectors for about a fiver. i also heard from quite a few of my mates that they work a treat. especially with monitors with a bright backlight. they're good. honest!

besides, you get a BIG screen to stare at with next to no harm to your eyes. £5 is worth the try IMO. i might get one...
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Refused)
Like the TV.
The big difference with a TV is you're not on top of it.
need_money
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
The big difference with a TV is you're not on top of it.
Huh? :confused:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads