The Student Room Group

Predictions for computer science gcse edexcel 2024?

Was wondering if anyone had any predictions based on past papers? I reckon turtle will turn up as it didn’t last year
Reply 1
Original post by LadyOfTheGeeks
Was wondering if anyone had any predictions based on past papers? I reckon turtle will turn up as it didn’t last year

For paper 1 the written 6 marker could be on networks since it hasn’t come up yet and it’s the best prediction based on the 5 topics, last year was computational thinking and the year before was issues and impact, the sample was on computers and it’s unlikely to be on data so that leaves networks. Can’t really predict a lot for paper 1 since it’s new so anything can come up. Paper 2 there could be a turtle question since there wasn’t one last year, I don’t think there will be a files question since they’ve put one one 2 years in a row, there isn’t a files question on the sample paper however there’s still a chance files could come up. Question 1 might be something like amending code to fix syntax errors etc. It could be commenting on code but that was last year however there’s still a chance. For question 6, it will definitely make you write your own code and based on past papers and sample papers, it’s most likely going to be something like a linear search algorithm since it’s not required to know the code for the other searching algorithms. There hasn’t been a question where you’re given a flowchart to convert into python code so that may come up. It’s hard to predict since there are limited papers but that’s what I think could come up.
Original post by AlphaA4
For paper 1 the written 6 marker could be on networks since it hasn’t come up yet and it’s the best prediction based on the 5 topics, last year was computational thinking and the year before was issues and impact, the sample was on computers and it’s unlikely to be on data so that leaves networks. Can’t really predict a lot for paper 1 since it’s new so anything can come up. Paper 2 there could be a turtle question since there wasn’t one last year, I don’t think there will be a files question since they’ve put one one 2 years in a row, there isn’t a files question on the sample paper however there’s still a chance files could come up. Question 1 might be something like amending code to fix syntax errors etc. It could be commenting on code but that was last year however there’s still a chance. For question 6, it will definitely make you write your own code and based on past papers and sample papers, it’s most likely going to be something like a linear search algorithm since it’s not required to know the code for the other searching algorithms. There hasn’t been a question where you’re given a flowchart to convert into python code so that may come up. It’s hard to predict since there are limited papers but that’s what I think could come up.

Turtle question? what is it?
Reply 3
Original post by Emma_204
Turtle question? what is it?

Turtle is just the name for the graphical interface of python where you are able to construct shapes and things by calling the turtle library. It’s pretty easy to use and all the commands you need are given in the PLS booklet in the exam. You can familiarise yourself with it a bit better before though
https://youtu.be/EBtu6MBhr5U?feature=shared

Quick Reply

Latest