Turn on thread page Beta

http://members.aol.com/unregiste1114512/alevelhelp.txt << click

Because I'm such a nice Unregistered person, I've made this list so that students have an idea on what grades the universities accept.

ReputationRep:
    Good idea.

(By the way, I'm doing an MMath now.)

ReputationRep:
    Nice one.

have u notice that there ain't many people with D's and E's!!!!!!OH yeah,i forgot that this is an educational forum
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    You can put me on there if you like

Grades: ABCD (inc Gen Studies - it was the A so I won't ignore it )

(University) Course: (Royal Holloway) Environmental Geoscience MSci
    (University) Course: (Southampton) Geology with Computer Science (switched to straight geology as soon as I realised how little support ECS offered students not taking their courses)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)

Because I'm such a nice Unregistered person, I've made this list so that students have an idea on what grades the universities accept.
    is that offers or the grades of people actually at uni

ReputationRep:
    did raheydenuk get 6 full grade A a-levels, or was a couple of them AS levels? why didnt he go to oxbridge? he's a genius. 6 is a hell of a lot to take, how on earth did he cope with that much. at my school they advise you to only do 3 full a-levels, after dropping 1 subject and taking the AS level.....

ReputationRep:
    I'm Max Plank ... AAA Imperial College (London) MEng Computer Science

John

ReputationRep:
    yippeee....max...please could you explain to me what computer science is like....pretty please..

Im still tring to figure out why people who havent done A2's are on there??? :confused: Is it based on AS grades? If so I would like mine to be corrected!!!

For the record - I got A,B,B,C at AS and am predicted A,A,A,A,A/B at A2!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Im still tring to figure out why people who havent done A2's are on there??? :confused: Is it based on AS grades? If so I would like mine to be corrected!!!

For the record - I got A,B,B,C at AS and am predicted A,A,A,A,A/B at A2!!!
    Why haven't you applied to Bath?

ReputationRep:
    no offense, but how can u get those AS Level grades, then be predicted straight A's at A2?

(Original post by Bigcnee)
    Why haven't you applied to Bath?
    The course was changed!!! I am now very angry as it is grossely different to the one that they outlined in thier prospectus!!! Its gone the way of the pear and it is now much like the cambridge one!!! I was still going to apply but I decided that if I didnt like the course then I should pick somewhere else !!!

Somewhere Else = Newcastle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)

can i have the rest of my qualifications on there as well....

it should look like
    ACCaab.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    and dam does the same course as ollie in eceter also.

love Katy ***

(Original post by BABYGUY)
    no offense, but how can u get those AS Level grades, then be predicted straight A's at A2?
    By not having a tutor for my Computing and History last year and still getting B and C respectively. I was gutted about Computing because I got 237 UMS!!! I know its wierd but my (new) tutors have adopted a kind of "if he can get a B without us, then surely an A with us" attitude. For the record though, my C at AS is the A/B, although I still think they were quite generous on that one!!!

ReputationRep:
    Not to piss on everyones parade, but how do we know for sure that these people got those exact grades? I can say i got AAAA at my AS and alot of people would believe me on here. D is the most common grade most people get at AS level. To get a C you have to be relativly bright and to get A's or B's (which is an extra 30-60 marks on UMS) you have to be pretty damn smart and many people i know arent that smart and thats coming from someone who goes to the best College in UK grades wise - Greenhead College in Huddersfield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BABYGUY)
    did raheydenuk get 6 full grade A a-levels, or was a couple of them AS levels? why didnt he go to oxbridge? he's a genius. 6 is a hell of a lot to take, how on earth did he cope with that much. at my school they advise you to only do 3 full a-levels, after dropping 1 subject and taking the AS level.....
    Yeh he's got 6 full A levels in something like Maths, Further Maths, German, Computing, General Studies (I think?) and something else.. He applied to Cambridge but they were mean :mad: lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasperUK)
    Not to piss on everyones parade, but how do we know for sure that these people got those exact grades? I can say i got AAAA at my AS and alot of people would believe me on here. D is the most common grade most people get at AS level. To get a C you have to be relativly bright and to get A's or B's (which is an extra 30-60 marks on UMS) you have to be pretty damn smart and many people i know arent that smart and thats coming from someone who goes to the best College in UK grades wise - Greenhead College in Huddersfield.
    You'd have to be pretty sad an insecure if you felt the need to lie about exam grades!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasperUK)
    In 2002 Greenhead College, Huddersfiled was ranked 346th nationally.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.