The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Economics Paper 2 Macroeconomics (H460/02) - 20th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your OCR A Level Economics Paper 2 exam go?

OCR A Level Economics Paper 2 Macroeconomics (H460/02) - 20th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 20th May / PM
Length: 2h

Resources

OCR Economics
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

does anyone have an essay plan for WTO and free trade thanks!
Reply 2
Prediction?
My bruda econplusdal left us out :frown:
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by Jasmineb0058
does anyone have an essay plan for WTO and free trade thanks!

i'm currently a uni student and selling my A Level Econ notes and I have fully developed essay plans on nearly all the evaluation points on the spec if you're interested! I got an A* just from those notes and essay plans so message me if you want to buy them - they're fully electronic, hand-written notes that I can email over to you ASAP :smile:
Any predictions
Original post by aryaan12345
Any predictions

maybe protectioism. im thinking some development stuff too as it didnt come up in the essays last year
Reply 6
Financial regulation maybe
I need so much help. The exam is monday and idon’t know the content well. I’ve finished all my notes, and im attempting exam qs but I can’t even answer them. Howam I meant to get prepared in less than 2 days ??? Istruggle a lot with section A. Everytime i attempt questions I get them all wrong. Do you guys think it’s better if i solidify the content or continue doing exam questions? Also if you said to do exam questions do you think i should be doing these with or without my notes? I also have a sociology exam that monday so im trying to balance it out.
Original post by ineedhelp.8
I need so much help. The exam is monday and idon’t know the content well. I’ve finished all my notes, and im attempting exam qs but I can’t even answer them. Howam I meant to get prepared in less than 2 days ??? Istruggle a lot with section A. Everytime i attempt questions I get them all wrong. Do you guys think it’s better if i solidify the content or continue doing exam questions? Also if you said to do exam questions do you think i should be doing these with or without my notes? I also have a sociology exam that monday so im trying to balance it out.

i would say learn content on your weakest topics eg. econplusdal or something and then attempt a few section a questions on them to solidify the knowledge. but i think content if more important because if you don't know content, you really can't answer the questions at all.
Original post by ineedhelp.8

i find it really helpful to devlop a few really solid chains of analysis because alot of the time you can adapt the same chains into different contexts. in macro a lot of it is kind of like full circle. apart from financial markets i find they all link in some ways
Reply 10
Original post by Talkative Toad
Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck.
General Information
Date/Time: 20th May / PM
Length: 2h
Resources

OCR Economics

can anybody explain why if the government increases the money supply, interest rates will decrease?
Original post by rohaw
can anybody explain why if the government increases the money supply, interest rates will decrease?

Supply of loanable funds increase which shifts the supply curve right which reduces interest rate.its called loanable funds theory if u wanna do more on it
Original post by aryaan12345
Supply of loanable funds increase which shifts the supply curve right which reduces interest rate.its called loanable funds theory if u wanna do more on it

I thought they removed the loanable funds theory from the OCR course ?
Original post by ava_helena
I thought they removed the loanable funds theory from the OCR course ?

We got taught it so im gonna use it anyways cuz it makes analysing and talking abt crowding out easier
How ready r u guys??? I thought I’d be a lot more prepared for macro but idk now lol
Reply 15
I feel like financial markets may come up cause ocr hasnt done much of it in paper 2s
Original post by revishan
How ready r u guys??? I thought I’d be a lot more prepared for macro but idk now lol

im cramming sm today got like 6 topics left 😭
Reply 17
same im cooked. Anybody got any predictions?

same ugh I wish there was a bigger gap between micro and macro so more time to revise
How did it go, everyone? :smile:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending