The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Politics Paper 2 (7152/2) - 5th June 2024 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How well did your AQA A Level Politics Paper 2 (7152/2) exam go today?

AQA A Level Politics Paper 2 (7152/2) - 5th June 2024

Welcome to the TSR discussion for AQA Politics Paper 2!
Introduce yourself, share your favourite or least favourite topic/s, how you're feeling about the exam and your best revision tips :smile:
Exam: AQA Politics Paper 2 - Government and Politics of the USA and Comparative Politics
Date: 5th June 2024, PM
Duration: 2 hours

Best of luck - we've got this! :biggrin:

@Pwca
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
any predictions?
Reply 3
does anyone know what topics were examined on the 2023 paper
Original post by llxz
does anyone know what topics were examined on the 2023 paper

9-MARKERS:
nominating conventions
republican party factions
structural theory about congress/parliament legislative process
EXTRACT:
Constitution
ESSAYS:
UK and US Supreme Court
UK and US third parties
Predictions : you can’t really guess the 9 markers but for the 3rd question it could be cultural/rational
Extract : how effective is Congress, direct democracy, (initatives),primary and caucuses, political parties (could be linked with congress), pressure groups(are they good for democracy)
Essays : party unity, party policies, “The constitutional power of the Prime Minister exceeds the power of the President” , representative democracy? my teacher said they can’t ask you to compare elections or party funding
Reply 6
Original post by meowmeowkatmeow
any predictions?

I reckon the comparative 9 marker will be cultural because I don't think that has come up for a while. I hope the essays are on the executive or pressure groups but who knows!
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by Batek
I reckon the comparative 9 marker will be cultural because I don't think that has come up for a while. I hope the essays are on the executive or pressure groups but who knows!

so something like ways in which cultural theory could be used to study protection of civil liberties..?
Reply 9

What’s the questions?
The 25 marker question was the first statement made and the 9 marker was explain and analyse 3 roles of us congressional committees
Section C 25 marker is likely to be pressure groups as that hasn't come up since 2019. (do take this with a pinch of salt)
Does anyone have any good Quizlet(s) on the paper 2 stuff? Would be greatly appreciated 🙂
Original post by Batek

It last came up in November 2021 exam- 'Explain and analyse three ways that cultural theory could be used to study pressure groups in the US and UK'
Reply 14
What is the best way you guys are revising at the moment?
yall what if for comparative 25 markers u only right the uk side? what r u capped to
Reply 16
Original post by meowmeowkatmeow
yall what if for comparative 25 markers u only right the uk side? what r u capped to

like 5/25 because you're not answering the question at all
What are people's predictions?
Reply 18
Do we have to mention trump's cases in the exam?
Especially after the verdict today?
Original post by SKB2526
Do we have to mention trump's cases in the exam?
Especially after the verdict today?

maybe in a question discussing the factors that can effect outcome of a presidential election and how it effects candidate image

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending