The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Politics Paper 2 (7152/2) - 5th June 2024 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by fr0gsarecool
maybe in a question discussing the factors that can effect outcome of a presidential election and how it effects candidate image

thank you! That makes sense
Original post by SKB2526
thank you! That makes sense

no worries!
Reply 22
could I use the structural, rational and cultural theories for the comparative 25 mark question?
Original post by aaaouma
could I use the structural, rational and cultural theories for the comparative 25 mark question?

No it isnt needed, only 9 markers!
Reply 24
Original post by fr0gsarecool
No it isnt needed, only 9 markers!
Have you got any predictions for the comparative 25 marker? I think potentially it’s going to surround political parties : politics and the constitution hasn't come up in a while as well?
2023 comparative essays were UK/US Judiciary and UK/US third parties
Original post by aaaouma
Have you got any predictions for the comparative 25 marker? I think potentially it’s going to surround political parties : politics and the constitution hasn't come up in a while as well?

constitution came up last year for the extract! i would've said political parties but so much of paper 1 was focused on parties i'd be surprised if they did another 25 marker on the topic
i think congress will definetley come up - didn't come up last year and its such a big topic. the presidency too - I wonder if this paper with be more government based since paper 1 was basically all politics
Original post by ikeafannypakck
i think congress will definetley come up - didn't come up last year and its such a big topic. the presidency too - I wonder if this paper with be more government based since paper 1 was basically all politics

My politics teacher said this is highly likely!
Reply 29
Has anyone got any definitions for Structural, Rational and Cultural Theory?
Has anyone got any definitions for Structural, Rational and Cultural Theory?

Here's a definition plus examples for executive... (hope you find this helpful :smile:)
Structural is the role of institutions (e.g. Cabinet Gov (UK) and Singular Executive (USA)
Rational is the role of individuals (e.g. Barack Obama (USA President 2009-2016) and David Cameron (UK PM 2010-2016) and who both had minority governments)
Cultural is the roles of shared ideas and culture (e.g. US culture has given the president respect from the general public, whereas the prime minister doesn't have that same level of respect and instead Parliament does)
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 31
In what context are you supposed to talk about the civil rights movement.
What could the question be?
Original post by SKB2526
In what context are you supposed to talk about the civil rights movement.
What could the question be?
Its unlikely we'll get a direct question on the civil rights movement itself, but the questions that could be asked about topic civil rights are along the lines of;

A 9 marker on how Civil Rights campaigns have had an impact on US politics (so there you could talk about the civil rights movement)

A 9 marker on how pressure groups protect rights in the USA

And there could be an extract question on civil rights

But there could also be a comparative question on civil rights;

Be asked on Structural Cultural or Rational theories on civil rights

And essay on the Supreme Courts in both countries and how they protect rights

I found a mastersheet on the whole US side on the 2023 forum for this paper - I've found it super helpful for examples and general cramming, it's attached below.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vvSV1QYj24vrg6pH0A8_Uj2fcQ88TI_wySGQOH47NVw/edit?pli=1
how do y'all structure ur comparative 25 markers??
Original post by amel.z0
how do y'all structure ur comparative 25 markers??

3 main body paragraphs, each one with a specific theme where you compare the us and uk
Original post by lol1234689
3 main body paragraphs, each one with a specific theme where you compare the us and uk

so essentially in each paragraph u mention both and compare
how would u evaluate tho
Reply 37
anybody have a detailed examples bank for each topic they are willing to share?
Original post by S.Pell
anybody have a detailed examples bank for each topic they are willing to share?

i have a doc with all topics and planned essays for each ?
Original post by iloveachilles
i have a doc with all topics and planned essays for each ?

please could you send it to me also xx

Quick Reply