AQA A Level Politics Paper 2 (7152/2) - 5th June 2024 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by 06iggi
Anyone got any final sentimiments words of motivation 😭

I am absolutely cooked
Reply 61
any more realistic predictions?
Guys dont worry; remember its only about 60% - 64% for an A. If you write sensible content for your essays, even if its not amazing, youll probably get a high level 3, maybe even a level 4, but lets say a high level 3, thats still 14/15 marks per essay question so thats what? Minimum 28 marks secured already! Then lets say ok you get 3 X 4 on the 9 markers. Thats like 40 marks! Which is a B! and most of us will get way higher than 40 marks like 50 marks. Which is an A anyway! So dont be so hard on yourselves guys! Dont worry we've got this! God is with us if we ask Him!
Reply 63
good luck guys!
Reply 64
anyone who did question 6 tell me what u wrote pls
worst extract question ever
Initiatives is insane and also far too similar to paper 1?
That extract was mentally difficult I found myself making stuff up tbh. But the 9 markers were very nice and so was question 5 (6 looked a fair bit harder) so overall I'm happy with that
Reply 68
Original post by OJ_szn
anyone who did question 6 tell me what u wrote pls
Intro - outlined what executive is.
Argument, President more due to enumerated constitutional role, PM can be presidential but ultimately gets booted for being presidential and is based on convention nor constitution.

First para - constitutional enumerated powers. Congress can check, but the question in executive not legislature so I talked about constitution.
PM is 'what he makes of it'. Talked about Thatcher Blair, countered, with they got kicked out and it depends on majority unlike President where it depends on noone but him - singular executive vs collective executive.

Second/Third MEGA Para - cabinet, exop, resources, bureacracy.
PM is primes inter pares. Big beasts, May, Johnson.
Cabinet is stepping stone to premiership.
EXOP is rival to cabinet. Cabinet - iron triangles - native.
Cabinet implied - no executive power. UK cabinet - 4 offices of state, privy council etc.

Conclusion: President dominates, individual mandate.
PM is invited by monarch, to form MONARCH'S gov - not dominant, cabinet etc.
guys im on the verge of tears. i think i misinterpreted the question 6: i thought it was asking about how atrong the executives are over the overall systems but them literally mid my essay i realised it said within the executive and like should i have written only about the executive like president cabinet and federal bureaucracy and uk pm and cabinet and civil servants.. bc i only wrote about the exec powers over the WHOLE system😭😭😭 i wrote ab legislation/ chambers/ committees.. please idk what to do i didnt do well on the other questions either idk what to think
Reply 70
Original post by IdontcareDyde
Initiatives is insane and also far too similar to paper 1?

i stg i thought the exact same it was practically the same arguments
Reply 71
Original post by SKB2526
Argument, President more due to enumerated constitutional role, PM can be presidential but ultimately gets booted for being presidential and is based on convention nor constitution.
First para - constitutional enumerated powers. Congress can check, but the question in executive not legislature so I talked about constitution.
PM is 'what he makes of it'. Talked about Thatcher Blair, countered, with they got kicked out and it depends on majority unlike President where it depends on noone but him - singular executive vs collective executive.
Cabinet implied - no executive power. UK cabinet - 4 offices of state, privy council etc.

howd u link iron triangles to it im curious
Reply 72
Original post by OJ_szn
howd u link iron triangles to it im curious

I said president trusts exop more than cabinet because cabinet can go 'native' - become involved in iron triangles
Reply 73
Due to time constraints, I only did 1 argument per extract. What marks am I limited to?
OKAY
the 9 markers were beautiful
BUT WHAT THE **** WAS THZT EXTRACT!!???
am i being crazy but i don’t remeber learning about initiatives 😭😭😭😭 pls tell me im not alone

but rest of paper was lush
Reply 75
Original post by iloveachilles
OKAY
the 9 markers were beautiful
BUT WHAT THE **** WAS THZT EXTRACT!!???
am i being crazy but i don’t remeber learning about initiatives 😭😭😭😭 pls tell me im not alone
but rest of paper was lush

ballot initiatives - propositions,
What did everyone write for the extract?
Jesus I messed up as well although I did EXOP but majority of mine was about other constraints
Reply 77
Original post by SKB2526
ballot initiatives - propositions,
What did everyone write for the extract?

I wrote about how they were opportunistic such as with the Marijuana initiative in Washington in 2012 but how they can bring about widespread support such as with the 2018 initiative in Florida.

For the provenance, I wrote about how they both have a purpose to inform but how one was published in a British article and as a result is an outsider which is important as the UK has a different direct democracy culture to the US such as Clement Atlee's quote.

However, it was a stupid question!
Original post by meowmeowkatmeow
guys im on the verge of tears. i think i misinterpreted the question 6: i thought it was asking about how atrong the executives are over the overall systems but them literally mid my essay i realised it said within the executive and like should i have written only about the executive like president cabinet and federal bureaucracy and uk pm and cabinet and civil servants.. bc i only wrote about the exec powers over the WHOLE system😭😭😭 i wrote ab legislation/ chambers/ committees.. please idk what to do i didnt do well on the other questions either idk what to think

I did as well I only mentioned EXOP and that was it. Im hoping me talking about how judicial review restrains presidential power could bail me out a bit probably im into level 3 for this one
Reply 79
Original post by SKB2526

Genuine question. I wrote the first paragraph and I wrote a second, bigger paragraph with two points because I ran out of time. How many marks do you think these points will get me? I had around 3 synoptic points with devolution, constitution and core executive (UK politics)

Quick Reply