The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Politics Paper 2 (7152/2) - 5th June 2024 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Do u think grade boundaries will be lower den 2023
Original post by Inan_M
Do u think grade boundaries will be lower den 2023

higher but lower than 2019
anyone do question 5 and if so what did u put?
Reply 83
Original post by glitterkitt3n
anyone do question 5 and if so what did u put?

I mainly talked about hyper-polarisation and how there are greater differences between the Democrats/Republicans e.g abortion, NHS, environment are fairly universally supported by Lab/Con - so I overall said that party unity is stronger in the US despite the weaker party discipline! wbu??
also that extract was foul.
Original post by eviejt
I mainly talked about hyper-polarisation and how there are greater differences between the Democrats/Republicans e.g abortion, NHS, environment are fairly universally supported by Lab/Con - so I overall said that party unity is stronger in the US despite the weaker party discipline! wbu??

I thought it was talking about internal party unity like within individual parties not parties as a whole😓😓😓 so talked about things like factions e.g eurosceptics in the conservatives and stronger party disciple in uk due to whips, the argument that there’s 100 parties not 2 in the US etc - is that wrong🫠
Reply 85
Original post by diyah.....
I thought it was talking about internal party unity like within individual parties not parties as a whole😓😓😓 so talked about things like factions e.g eurosceptics in the conservatives and stronger party disciple in uk due to whips, the argument that there’s 100 parties not 2 in the US etc - is that wrong🫠

nooo! that's right - I talked about whips too but my main argument was that the US parties are more unified internally because they are so polarised - so it's like being unified against a common enemy idk
Original post by eviejt
nooo! that's right - I talked about whips too but my main argument was that the US parties are more unified internally because they are so polarised - so it's like being unified against a common enemy idk

Oh wait okay I think I talked about this too😭 said partisanship in recent years has led to parties voting along party lines in a united manner more
Original post by Batek
Due to time constraints, I only did 1 argument per extract. What marks am I limited to?

same i only ended up doing 2 paras (intro and conclusion too - spent way too long on 9 markers like an idiot)
what did people put as there points for the comparison 9 marker
Original post by emredemir
same i only ended up doing 2 paras (intro and conclusion too - spent way too long on 9 markers like an idiot)

If you think thats bad I only did one! (Thats main body paragraph, I did intor and conclusion as well) and two other paragraphs but with only one argument on! or maybe 2 but the second point was very weak!
Original post by tryingtoneekout

tell me the question again!
Original post by meowmeowkatmeow
guys im on the verge of tears. i think i misinterpreted the question 6: i thought it was asking about how atrong the executives are over the overall systems but them literally mid my essay i realised it said within the executive and like should i have written only about the executive like president cabinet and federal bureaucracy and uk pm and cabinet and civil servants.. bc i only wrote about the exec powers over the WHOLE system😭😭😭 i wrote ab legislation/ chambers/ committees.. please idk what to do i didnt do well on the other questions either idk what to think

dw I was running out of points so I used shared powers which icnludes WHOLE of palriament for one of my points! btw my snap is luka.singh7 if you want to add it and talk abt it more on there!
Original post by OJ_szn
anyone who did question 6 tell me what u wrote pls

motion of no confidence, vs president can still carry on anyway
Reply 93
The 9 markers were majestic. I did a practice extraxt on the ballot initiatives and got 22/25 two weeks ago as a practice. I did question 6 and said POTUS dominates cabinet and shares powers with EXOP and can dominante using his legislative powers but PM shares power with cab and has very little legislative powers and dominates the civil serive. Paper 1 was also a dream lets hope paper 3 follows suit. I hope you did well too!
Reply 94
Original post by eviejt

Paragraph 1: Leadership in the UK and party officials (presidents) in the US. I argued that both face disunity.

Paragraph 2: Decentralisation impacts 100 party system whereas the UK has a multiparty system and therefore there is no need for different policies.

Paragraph 3: Separation of powers in the US and how the president must work harder to convince congressional party than UK executive to convince parliamentary party therefore less divisions.

I argued that whilst both are divided, US parties are more divided than UK parties.
Reply 95
I talked about how there is a difference in the constitutions, entrenchment and the power of the Supreme Court
Original post by tryingtoneekout

Consitutions/entrenchment and the Bill of Rights/HRA, Supreme courts and how they are established by the constitution and protect/promote rights, and then pressure groups and how the US constitution establishes them under freedom of speech and how they're essentially structured organisations eg NRA and then British Medical Association for UK example!
Reply 97
Original post by DaisyPeach06
Consitutions/entrenchment and the Bill of Rights/HRA, Supreme courts and how they are established by the constitution and protect/promote rights, and then pressure groups and how the US constitution establishes them under freedom of speech and how they're essentially structured organisations eg NRA and then British Medical Association for UK example!
We have the same mind because I wrote the exact same😂
Original post by OJ_szn
anyone who did question 6 tell me what u wrote pls
what did you write
what was question 6

Quick Reply