The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Biology Paper 3 (7402/3) - 19th June 2024 [Exam Chat]

Poll

how did your AQA A-Level Biology Paper 3 exam go?

AQA A-Level Biology Paper 3 (7402/3) - 19th June 2024 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 19th June 2024 AM
Length: 2h

Link to Study Group:
A-Level Biology Study Group 2023-2024
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
any essay predictions?
Reply 2
any essay predictions pleaseeeeeee
Reply 3
Original post by charrgrgr
any essay predictions pleaseeeeeee

miss estruch on youtube made a video about 3 potential questions and plans for them too
Hello! Just to introduce myself I'm principal-ontolo and I'm aiming for a grade B in Biology; I created this discussion page for AQA A level biology paper 3 in specific so feel free to ask any related questions so we can all help each other out 😁 Introduce yourself & perhaps start with what grade you're aiming for, how revision is going and any strengths/weaknesses! Good luck to everyone sitting exams and I hope for the best!!

General Information
Date/Time: 19th June 2024 / AM
Length: 2 hours
Element code: 7402/3
Content: All topics

Specification link: https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/biology/specifications/AQA-7401-7402-SP-2015.PDF
Reply 5
Is anyone gonna work on the 2 marks out of spec knowledge for the essay? Or just gonna leave it? Cause I was trying to understand some out spec content but I find them so tricky. I guess I'll just focus on the in spec content...
Reply 6
Original post by charrgrgr
Is anyone gonna work on the 2 marks out of spec knowledge for the essay? Or just gonna leave it? Cause I was trying to understand some out spec content but I find them so tricky. I guess I'll just focus on the in spec content...

was told to leave it as you have to get all the other points as well to get 25 marks and only 1% do this and if you do write about something they don't think is relevant then they can cap you at the lower marks. Average marks is 12 (according to miss Estridge)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum
which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

I wanted to create my own post about AQA a a level biology so people can speak about this on my post that I started. Did I do it wrong?
Original post by principal-ontolo
I wanted to create my own post about AQA a a level biology so people can speak about this on my post that I started. Did I do it wrong?

No, don't worry, but a chat exists for this exam already so I'm merging yours together with it. You can see which chats exist already by looking at the A-level Exam Chat Directory - it gets updated pretty regularly each week :smile:
Does anyone have Tyrion Papers, AQA A Level Biology? Please I cant afford it
does anyone have paper 3 essay plans
any predictions for paper 3 content after papers 1 and 2?
Any tips pls this paper is hardest imo
heyy - now paper 1 and 2 are done, can we try and make a list of all the things that minimally came up in p1 and 2 so we know what to revise well for paper 3 e.g immunity / kindeys
Do u guys think i should do past paper 1&2s or just paper 3s for revision?
Original post by jasminehuynh
Do u guys think i should do past paper 1&2s or just paper 3s for revision?

both i think! as the actual questions (apart from the essay) cover the same content :smile:
thank uu! do u have any predictions for paper 3? i feel like immunity may come up and hopefully epigenetics and stem cells
Reply 18
essay predictions?!!!
Essay Tips

Some important things to note about this level (21-25 marks)
1. An essay that does not contain any material beyond the specification cannot gain more
than 23 marks.
2. Inclusion of material beyond the specification does not automatically qualify an essay as
Extended Abstract: all other conditions of this level must also be met.
3. An essay with one significant error or one irrelevant section cannot be Extended Abstract,
no matter how good the rest of the essay is.
4. In this level, the theme (ie ‘the importance of’) must be addressed at A-level depth in every
topic covered.
5. If a student writes about more than four topics, all of those topics are considered when
marking. Examiners will not only consider the ‘four best topics’ students write

I got this straight from the examiners..
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply