This discussion is closed.
princessb
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I have this friend, and he's a boy.
He'd do anything for me, which is lovely and I know how much of a good person he is.
But he's too much, he's practically a boyfriend but without the sex bit. He says I'm beautiful and he'd do anything for me and he loves me lots.
It's got to the point where we're spending too much time together so I tactfully try to make excuses not to see him, and then he get's arsey. We're having an arguement about it on messenger right now and he doesn't understand my reasoning. He's making me feel bad, but should I bottle up my feelings to keep him happy? How can a friendship work when I feel I can't breathe and just feel stressed. :hmpf:
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by princessb)
I have this friend, and he's a boy.
He'd do anything for me, which is lovely and I know how much of a good person he is.
But he's too much, he's practically a boyfriend but without the sex bit. He says I'm beautiful and he'd do anything for me and he loves me lots.
It's got to the point where we're spending too much time together so I tactfully try to make excuses not to see him, and then he get's arsey. We're having an arguement about it on messenger right now and he doesn't understand my reasoning. He's making me feel bad, but should I bottle up my feelings to keep him happy? How can a friendship work when I feel I can't breathe and just feel stressed. :hmpf:
Just tell him the truth. If he's your mate, he'll understand.
john !!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
what do you want from him?
princessb
Rep:
?
Just a friendship, which doesn't suffocate me. I don't feel this way about anyone else.
I have told he's not happy.
roff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why not shag him?
princessb
Rep:
?
I tell you what, you lot are brilliant! :eek:
M-J
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by princessb)
I tell you what, you lot are brilliant! :eek:
geez give them a break girly... look i had a friend like tht..i almost married him, the truth is when someone loves you that much you shoudlnt try to push them away because they are the first person you can run to no matter what
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
and princessb what if no one else wants to do you? just a thought to consider
rachplatt
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Do you genuinely just want a bit more space? Or are there other issues involved...potential feelings you have may have for him or think he may have for you? (i dont mean to be patronising, but my best male friend and i protested for months and months that we were just friends, now he's my boyfriend.) If he is a really great friend and if u honestly think that his only fault is that you see him a bit too much, surely you can sort something out. He must have other friends too, right?
rosyposy
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
hey my names rosie, i know u dont know me... but i had exactly the same thing, and i ended it, and its as if we were in a relationship, it was awful, emotional and i felt reallly ewmpty inside, but now we're on our way back to our former cool friendship before it went to this weird level wher he liked me. i think u shud tel him if u dont like him more than a frend (if he thinks u do) anyway good luk, rosie xx
princessb
Rep:
?
I'm sure I'll do ok for 'being done' thanks for the concern.
No there's is definatley nothing there, romantically.
I'm sure you can understand what it's like to be claustraphobic with someone, and you start picking holes in eachother because you're aggitated. It's difficult, and he's so sensitive which makes it worse. It's not your typical bloke who acts macho. I mean, in the non-stereo typical way... Oh I'll just shut up now!
john williams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well it seems that he fancies you and you dont like him that way (if he was ur friend he wouldnt keep telling you your beautiful). If i was you id just tell him you just like him as a friend and if he keeps hassling you, tell him to get lost.
happydinosaur
Report 14 years ago
I am in kind of the reverse of this situation because I get the feeling that I might be starting to get to that point were I might be suffocating a really good male friend...I do kind of like him though in a more than friends way but I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship!!

If you bottle up your feelings the friendship will blow up in a big fight but if you talk to him and tell him that you feel your friendship is getting too intense and that you do really value his friendship but you need some space too yes ok he might not like it at first but if he cares for you and is such a good friend he should understand
rachplatt
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think I understand what you're trying to say...I can't say that I have exactly been there because although we were close it never made me feel claustrophobic and I obviously did feel something romantically for him in the end. If you do think really highly of each other usually, then surely he can see that being together all the time isn't doing your friendship any good. Ending the friendship will be like losing a limb or something because you're used to his support, so try to come to some sort of agreement if you can. Good luck. I really do feel for you on this one x x x
rachplatt
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by john williams)
Well it seems that he fancies you and you dont like him that way (if he was ur friend he wouldnt keep telling you your beautiful). If i was you id just tell him you just like him as a friend and if he keeps hassling you, tell him to get lost.

I have friends who tell me I'm beautiful...there's nothing wrong with that
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rachplatt)
I have friends who tell me I'm beautiful...there's nothing wrong with that
I would rather my friends were honest to me
rachplatt
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ramroff)
I'd rather they made me feel good about myself, even if it means stretching the truth!
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
cheeky cuuntbeg
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by technik)
cheeky cuuntbeg
:p: heh
alkaeda
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why not shag him?
i like this suggestion
oh and i second it go get im gal
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (95)
24.55%
No (292)
75.45%

Watched Threads