The Student Room Group

How do you prioritise your revision?

As we creep ever closer to the exam season of 2024, TSR wants to ask you - how do you prioritise your revision?

Do you prioritise based on how you have performed in previous tests or exams? Do you prioritise based on when each exam takes place? Do you just revise however you feel like on the day?

What do you use to prioritise your revision? Do you use the traditional pen and paper or do you use something more technological?

Please leave your opinions below as well as your best advice for how to prioritise your revision!
I prioritise my revision based on when my exams are and how confident I feel with the topics I am studying. I tend to prioritise using Google calendar because I can make it look pretty, I do my exams and revision on a laptop and I can't lose it like I can with a piece of paper. I try to follow this but sometimes I just do what I feel like so then I actually do something rather than nothing.
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I prioritise my revision based on when my exams are and how confident I feel with the topics I am studying. I tend to prioritise using Google calendar because I can make it look pretty, I do my exams and revision on a laptop and I can't lose it like I can with a piece of paper. I try to follow this but sometimes I just do what I feel like so then I actually do something rather than nothing.

I love that! Thanks for sharing :biggrin:!
Original post by flowersinmyhair
As we creep ever closer to the exam season of 2024, TSR wants to ask you - how do you prioritise your revision?
Do you prioritise based on how you have performed in previous tests or exams? Do you prioritise based on when each exam takes place? Do you just revise however you feel like on the day?
What do you use to prioritise your revision? Do you use the traditional pen and paper or do you use something more technological?
Please leave your opinions below as well as your best advice for how to prioritise your revision!

Hi @flowersinmyhair,

I start of by reading through my specification points for each subject and by highlighting the topics using the red-amber-green system. I would begin revising for the subject with the most reds and work on it from there. Obviously there are some exceptions on certain days where I just can't bother to do any biology that day so I would ditch my reds and just opt for a subject I feel like revising for.

Quick Reply