This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kaisersalsek)
I went to mocsow a couple of years ago and there were loads of kids in like "biker rebel" leather clothes and stuff. Some were just standing round drinking and smoking whilst the others were virtually having sex up the walls with each other.
OMG :eek:
jamieuk20
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
see, Britain does lag behind other countries. lolol.
djchak
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamieuk20)
see, Britain does lag behind other countries. lolol.

Seriously, I think that some of those other countries...that are nearby...are just getting the either the younger people that want a wild weekend... IE...the "ignorant ibiza lobster" ...or footy fans who go overboard.

And honestly, in the US ...say Florida...all the brits (not just from england) have a fairly good reputation as tourists...perhaps becuase they'll be a little shellshocked, or apprehensive....but then we are getting the FAMILY tourists.

Anyway, i'm suprised no one thought that americans were the worst tourists. I would expect to hear that sort of stuff on this board.
kaisersalsek
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
haha, the sex thing was hilarious! Ten minutes later, our teacher saw us (school trip) and asked us which way the big plastic cow was... it was very surreal. That very same day, I went into a changing money shop (I would put the french if I could spell it!) with this Russian guy to buy a painting from him in dollars (cos it's illegal) ON MY OWN. Very stupid in hindsight
heminder
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by gossip_girl)
i was watching the travel show and all the countrys they went to the people wernt all loud and chavy like us when there going out. why is it only england that manages to ruin everything? and waste so much police time?
i'm not english, i'm swedish so i wouldn't know...
could it be the schools?
it's probably the school 'dinners' you know...
back in sweden when i was little all the schools got free meals from a nearby (proper) restaurant...
Murdok, too!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by djchak)
Anyway, i'm suprised no one thought that americans were the worst tourists. I would expect to hear that sort of stuff on this board.
Why?
djchak
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Why?
Don't know exactly, I originally joined to post only occassionally.....

Iv'e been to the UK a few times, and it always seemed americans had a reputation for being "annoying tourists".

Then again, that was back in 98.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

And honestly, in the US ...say Florida...all the brits (not just from england) have a fairly good reputation as tourists...perhaps becuase they'll be a little shellshocked, or apprehensive....but then we are getting the FAMILY tourists.
That's because the cops in the US carry big guns and don't fcuk around which sort of scares the **** out of most Brits.
djchak
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
That's because the cops in the US carry big guns and don't fcuk around which sort of scares the **** out of most Brits.
Actually, while that might be a factor, I was refering more to the general culture shock most brits (as well as other people visiting the US) go through when they get here....

They seem to understand that the US is not what they pictured, and that it is more diverse than it seems on the telly... but nothing like the UK in mostly a cultural sense.

However, I should probably let brits who have went to the US explain to me what thier impression was.
an Siarach
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Americans have the reputation for being pretty irritating but in an overly pleasant way rather than the full blown aggression/obnoxious behaviour brits abroad (in europe anyway) tend to have.
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by an Siarach)
Americans have the reputation for being pretty irritating but in an overly pleasant way rather than the full blown aggression/obnoxious behaviour brits abroad (in europe anyway) tend to have.
And there so enthusiastic! We used to get a lot of americans in Marlow and they used to go to the old sweet shop and they were like oh my god its so cute etc etc. It was hard not to smile!
an Siarach
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by frost105)
And there so enthusiastic! We used to get a lot of americans in Marlow and they used to go to the old sweet shop and they were like oh my god its so cute etc etc. It was hard not to smile!
Its summed up fairly well in Trainspotting where you get a tartan bedecked Yank asking, disgustingly politely, 'Hi! May i use the Bathroom? THANK YOU ' and consequently gets the **** kicked into him by robert carlyle.
yawn
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by gossip_girl)
i was watching the travel show and all the countrys they went to the people wernt all loud and chavy like us when there going out. why is it only england that manages to ruin everything? and waste so much police time?
Perhaps it's because us English can't hold our drink!
yawn
Report 14 years ago
Actually, while that might be a factor, I was refering more to the general culture shock most brits (as well as other people visiting the US) go through when they get here....

They seem to understand that the US is not what they pictured, and that it is more diverse than it seems on the telly... but nothing like the UK in mostly a cultural sense.

However, I should probably let brits who have went to the US explain to me what thier impression was.
My impression of the Americans whenever I go there is that they are a very pleasant, helpful and courteous nation of people to their visitors and their hospitality is very impressive.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Iv'e been to the UK a few times, and it always seemed americans had a reputation for being "annoying tourists".

Then again, that was back in 98.
But then we think all tourists are annoying, not just American ones.
djchak
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
But then we think all tourists are annoying, not just American ones.

Fair enough, tourists can be annoying...especially in high concentration.

I could understand if someone lived near the tower of london and got annoyed by them....

Never really understood the "too polite" thing... In Japan, they are very polite and it's a great atmosphere to be in...They are much more understanding of someones inablity to speak proper Japanese phrases....and theres something cool about seeing the "wax replicas" of the noodle meals they have there...(in the resturants) . It's funny to walk into a convienence store like 7-11 and see a sushi bar with octupus....and the beer from the vending machines.
SamTheMan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by an Siarach)
Well, while il agree there are just as much scum in Scotland as England (and doubltess Wales) the english do seem to be quite unable to carry on in a decent manner abroad while the people of the other british nations generally get along fine. Its rather strange really.
Good point. The English definitely are more arrogant than the other nations in the UK. They seem to confront anti-British sentiment and especially anti-English sentiment (which is present in a lot of European countries unfortunately!) with arrogance, aggresivity, violence... which doesn't help improve the problem.

However I heard that the worst kids when they go abroad are Italians...
giordano
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SamTheMan)
Good point. The English definitely are more arrogant than the other nations in the UK. They seem to confront anti-British sentiment and especially anti-English sentiment (which is present in a lot of European countries unfortunately!) with arrogance, aggresivity, violence... which doesn't help improve the problem.

However I heard that the worst kids when they go abroad are Italians...
Strange. Apart from being noisy, overdressed and not respecting bus queues and zebra crossings, young Italians abroad are usually pretty much the average lot
SamTheMan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by giordano)
Strange. Apart from being noisy, overdressed and not respecting bus queues and zebra crossings, young Italians abroad are usually pretty much the average lot
I was talking about kids, litterally... like 13 or under.
Italians are pretty noisy though. Why do they all have to sound angry and excited all the time? Some of them need to cool down. I'm sure they're not that angry but that's what it sounds like.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Never really understood the "too polite" thing... In Japan, they are very polite and it's a great atmosphere to be in...They are much more understanding of someones inablity to speak proper Japanese phrases.....
Yep!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.18%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.41%
Not great so far... (251)
35.65%
I want to drop out! (132)
18.75%

Watched Threads