Turn on thread page Beta

why is it only england? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Good point. The English definitely are more arrogant than the other nations in the UK. They seem to confront anti-British sentiment and especially anti-English sentiment (which is present in a lot of European countries unfortunately!) with arrogance, aggresivity, violence... which doesn't help improve the problem.

However I heard that the worst kids when they go abroad are Italians...

The worst is when English people go abroad. Say some go on holiday in China, they automatically expect Chinese people to speak perfect English and cater for their every whim. I wonder how many Englishmen can speak perfect Chinese?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Perhaps it's because us English can't hold our drink!
    They just overdo it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    They just overdo it.
    Correct - a lack of moderation and an inevitable desire to take it to the extreme. Because you're worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamieuk20)
    Correct - a lack of moderation and an inevitable desire to take it to the extreme.
    yea exactly- it always saddens me to hear my peers boast about how drunk they are going to get in the weekend, etc.
    you see it in the media all the time- British (although its specifically mainly English) youths going out with the specific intention to get "wrecked"/"hammered"/"bladdered", etc.

its always confused me as to why Brits (young ones mainly) regard getting extremely drunk as being synonymous with having a good time and being "grown up" and macho :confused: :confused: :confused:

(Original post by kidney thief)
    yea exactly- it always saddens me to hear my peers boast about how drunk they are going to get in the weekend, etc.
    you see it in the media all the time- British (although its specifically mainly English) youths going out with the specific intention to get "wrecked"/"hammered"/"bladdered", etc.

its always confused me as to why Brits (young ones mainly) regard getting extremely drunk as being synonymous with having a good time and being "grown up" and macho :confused: :confused: :confused:
    Because they're stupid. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    when im home, i cant stand the english tourists......they seem so arrogant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M-J)
    when im home, i cant stand the english tourists......they seem so arrogant.
    Home being?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidney thief)
    Yep, very true. In Wales or Scotland, I've never seen such drinking behaviour among young people :rolleyes:

British tourists aren't as bad as people make them appear. It's just that there are so many of them going abroad and they're more noticeable than the German or Dutch tourists. The only other stereotypical tourists are the Dutch and the Germans in southern European and in general, British tourists are less discrete and louder and rarely realise that they're not in their own country.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.