This discussion is closed.
jamieuk20
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SamTheMan)
Good point. The English definitely are more arrogant than the other nations in the UK. They seem to confront anti-British sentiment and especially anti-English sentiment (which is present in a lot of European countries unfortunately!) with arrogance, aggresivity, violence... which doesn't help improve the problem.

However I heard that the worst kids when they go abroad are Italians...

The worst is when English people go abroad. Say some go on holiday in China, they automatically expect Chinese people to speak perfect English and cater for their every whim. I wonder how many Englishmen can speak perfect Chinese?
Howard
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
Perhaps it's because us English can't hold our drink!
They just overdo it.
jamieuk20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
They just overdo it.
Correct - a lack of moderation and an inevitable desire to take it to the extreme. Because you're worth it.
kidney thief
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jamieuk20)
Correct - a lack of moderation and an inevitable desire to take it to the extreme.
yea exactly- it always saddens me to hear my peers boast about how drunk they are going to get in the weekend, etc.
you see it in the media all the time- British (although its specifically mainly English) youths going out with the specific intention to get "wrecked"/"hammered"/"bladdered", etc.

its always confused me as to why Brits (young ones mainly) regard getting extremely drunk as being synonymous with having a good time and being "grown up" and macho :confused: :confused: :confused:
yawn
Badges: 14
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kidney thief)
yea exactly- it always saddens me to hear my peers boast about how drunk they are going to get in the weekend, etc.
you see it in the media all the time- British (although its specifically mainly English) youths going out with the specific intention to get "wrecked"/"hammered"/"bladdered", etc.

its always confused me as to why Brits (young ones mainly) regard getting extremely drunk as being synonymous with having a good time and being "grown up" and macho :confused: :confused: :confused:
Because they're stupid. :rolleyes:
M-J
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
when im home, i cant stand the english tourists......they seem so arrogant.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by M-J)
when im home, i cant stand the english tourists......they seem so arrogant.
Home being?
SamTheMan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kidney thief)
Yep, very true. In Wales or Scotland, I've never seen such drinking behaviour among young people :rolleyes:

British tourists aren't as bad as people make them appear. It's just that there are so many of them going abroad and they're more noticeable than the German or Dutch tourists. The only other stereotypical tourists are the Dutch and the Germans in southern European and in general, British tourists are less discrete and louder and rarely realise that they're not in their own country.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (116)
25.78%
Better than expected (93)
20.67%
Worse than expected (241)
53.56%

Watched Threads