The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Combined Science Paper 1 Biology 1 Higher - 10th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How well did your Edexcel GCSE Combined Science Paper 1 Biology 1 Higher exam go today?

Edexcel GCSE Combined Science Paper 1 Biology 1 (Higher) (1SC0/1BH) - 10th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam.
Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 10th May 2024 AM
Length: 1h 10m

Good luck!
Click here to find exam discussions for other GCSE subjects

Scroll to see replies

any predictions for sixmarker?
How did everyone find the exam…answers?
Original post by Treestar5
How did everyone find the exam…answers?

it was nice
Original post by manofussil
it was nice
How did u find the six marker..what did u put?
(edited 1 week ago)
q1: food web (4 marks; 2MCQs, drawing food chain), substances absorbed from the blood (4 marks), transfers pathogens (2 marks), calculating magnification (2 marks), q2: woman with 4.3 litres of blood calculation (3 marks), percentage difference in mass of haemoglobin calculation (2 marks), comment on results (5 marks), three differences between WBCs and RBCs structure (3 marks), q3: fill in the blanks for yoghurt production, q4: respirometer, q5: greenhouse gases, greenhouse gas effect, calculating percentage of emissions by energy production, commenting on results, q6: flower, sexual vs asexual reproduction, artificial and natural in plants, q7: ?, q8: cystic fibrosis, q9: different solutions of mineral ions, q10: designing experiment for the co2 concentration for maximum crop yield
Original post by harry_maguire4
q1: food web (4 marks; 2MCQs, drawing food chain), substances absorbed from the blood (4 marks), transfers pathogens (2 marks), calculating magnification (2 marks), q2: woman with 4.3 litres of blood calculation (3 marks), percentage difference in mass of haemoglobin calculation (2 marks), comment on results (5 marks), three differences between WBCs and RBCs structure (3 marks), q3: fill in the blanks for yoghurt production, q4: respirometer, q5: greenhouse gases, greenhouse gas effect, calculating percentage of emissions by energy production, commenting on results, q6: flower, sexual vs asexual reproduction, artificial and natural in plants, q7: ?, q8: cystic fibrosis, q9: different solutions of mineral ions, q10: designing experiment for the co2 concentration for maximum crop yield

q2 and q6 are the other way around, q7: the effect of light intensity on photosynthesis
q2 and q6 are the other way around, q7: the effect of light intensity on photosynthesis
Are u sure u did edexcel combined science biology paper 1 higher?
Reply 8
Original post by flowersinmyhair

Edexcel GCSE Combined Science Paper 1 Biology 1 (Higher) (1SC0/1BH) - 10th May 2024 [Exam Chat]
Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
General Information
Good luck!

Does anyone know what the answer was for the magnification question in the higher combined science paper? The 5 marker
Original post by flowersinmyhair

General Information
Good luck!

Was 6 marker on mitosis or meiosis cuz I wrote about mitosis but people say it's meiosis
Original post by victor14324545
Was 6 marker on mitosis or meiosis cuz I wrote about mitosis but people say it's meiosis

what did you write about
Original post by Lena32
Does anyone know what the answer was for the magnification question in the higher combined science paper? The 5 marker
i did image size / magnification to find the real size but i converted to micrometers
Original post by 24ZafarZ
what did you write about

what did u do for the dna question

I think you must've done IGCSE or AQA cause literaly none of that was on my exam today lmao

no it was mitosis because the q said produces "two cells" which is mitosis
Original post by Lena32

i dont remember if it was 5 marks but i think i know what you're talking about and i converted the image size (i think) into micrometers and you're meant to do actual size = image size/magnification and the answer was 7 micrometers which im like 99% is correct because most people in my year got that answer.
Original post by Lena32

It was on the cell cycle (including mitosis).
Original post by Lena32

I got 7 micrometers for the actual size. Did you?
Original post by Masonjones1
I got 7 micrometers for the actual size. Did you?

same same. that exam was actually so good what when they asked us to find the number of people in the statins or placebo experiment i definitely lost marks on that because the answer was like 61260 or something and i didn't get that 😭😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending