The Student Room Group
Reply 1
[q1]> Just posting to find out if everyone else "enjoyed" the maths paper today! I thought it was not[/q1]
[q1]> too bad... can anyone remember the answers they put?? This might serve as a confidence boost, at[/q1]
[q1]> least for me![/q1]

Certainly seemed a fair enough paper. Enough to stretch the high ability students and enough to
allow the weaker students to show they have some of the core skills.

Anyone got any opinions on the OCR P3 paper from earlier in the week?

To me it seemed skewed towards some parts of the syllabus - for example no parametric
differentiation, no integration by substitution, no partial fractions etc.

Our students found the paper very tough - any other views?

Steve
Reply 2
I didn't take the paper this year (I did all 6 maths modules last year) but one friend told me that
all of those people who did P2 last year and re-took it again this year said it was much easier...

Katy www.geocities.com/kath783
Reply 3
i found P3 very hard, and as you said there was loads of stuff not in it (mailny the easy stuuf like
partial fractions). But P2 today was much easier, even though i know i definitely got a few wrong
"steve.wren" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q2]> > Just posting to find out if everyone else "enjoyed" the maths paper today! I thought it was not[/q2]
[q2]> > too bad... can anyone remember the answers they put?? This might serve as a confidence boost, at[/q2]
[q2]> > least for me![/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Certainly seemed a fair enough paper. Enough to stretch the high ability students and enough to[/q1]
[q1]> allow the weaker students to show they have some of the core skills.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Anyone got any opinions on the OCR P3 paper from earlier in the week?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> To me it seemed skewed towards some parts of the syllabus - for example no parametric[/q1]
[q1]> differentiation, no integration by substitution, no partial fractions etc.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Our students found the paper very tough - any other views?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Steve[/q1]
Reply 4
"Katy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
[q1]> I didn't take the paper this year (I did all 6 maths modules last year)[/q1]
but one
[q1]> friend told me that all of those people who did P2 last year and re-took[/q1]
it
[q1]> again this year said it was much easier...[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Katy www.geocities.com/kath783[/q1]

personally, found the P3 not too bad, i've done alot worse practise papers. so overall thought it
was quite fair.tho a few questions were tricky The P2 - v nice exam

Latest