The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE HISTORY PAPER 1 (1HI0 10-13) - 15th MAY [Exam Chat]

Poll

How well did your Edexcel GCSE HISTORY PAPER 1 (1HI0 10-13) exam go today?

Edexcel GCSE HISTORY PAPER 1 (1HI0 10-13) - 15th MAY [Exam Chat]
Paper 1: Thematic study and historic environment

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam.
Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 15th MAY AM
Length: 1 hour 15 mins

Good luck!
Click here to find exam discussions for other GCSE subjects
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

This thread is for Edexcel GCSE Topics:

10: Crime and punishment in Britain, c1000–present and Whitechapel, c1870–c1900: crime, policing and the inner city.

11: Medicine in Britain, c1250–present and The British sector of the Western Front, 1914–18: injuries, treatment and the trenches.

12: Warfare and British society, c1250–present and London and the Second World War, 1939–45.

13: Migrants in Britain, c800–present and Notting Hill, c1948–c1970.
I do medicine! anyone got predictions ?
Original post by saffronarora
I do medicine! anyone got predictions ?

I do Crime and Punishment. How is medicine? I wonder if I would find medicine more intriguing than crime and punishment. I love crime and punishment but I wish had done medicine too, to see which one i like better
Remember, this is what we have to do for Paper 1:-

Historic Environment (Section A)

Describing features (4 marks)

Source Utility (8 marks)

Source Interrogation (4 marks)

Your topic (Section B)

Similarities/ Differences (4 marks)

Causation (12 marks)

'How far do you agree?' (20 marks)

Original post by revision52
I do Crime and Punishment. How is medicine? I wonder if I would find medicine more intriguing than crime and punishment. I love crime and punishment but I wish had done medicine too, to see which one i like better

I have such mixed feelings on medicine , its very interesting but sometimes the revision guide is a bit limited and I feel like I don't have enough to say in the exams.
Does anyone here do warfare?? I'm actually terrified😭
Original post by vanishing-skille
Does anyone here do warfare?? I'm actually terrified😭

I would suggest using your flashcards everyday to review information, you could maybe print a timeline off to memorise key dates and prepare what you will talk about for every subtopic, so that ur prepared for anything that comes up in the exam. My predicted and target grade is a 9, so feel free to ask any questions. I do:-

Crime and Punishment in Britain (1000–present) and Whitechapel, c1870–c1900: crime, policing and the inner city.

Early Elizabethan England (1558-1588)

The American West (1835-1895)

The USA (1954-1975): conflict at home and abroad

I would suggest using your flashcards everyday to review information, you could maybe print a timeline off to memorise key dates and prepare what you will talk about for every subtopic, so that ur prepared for anything that comes up in the exam. My predicted and target grade is a 9, so feel free to ask any questions. I do:-

Crime and Punishment in Britain (1000–present) and Whitechapel, c1870–c1900: crime, policing and the inner city.

how are you revising for elizabeth?

Thanks so much!
I don't do any of ur modules whelp😭
Thanks so much!

It's okay what revision methods I said will be applicable to you to as we do Edecel :smile:
Original post by abcdefghilmn
how are you revising for elizabeth?

For every subtopic, think about its features and causes. And for each key issue think about how to evaluate it. Learn dates and key events by making mindmaps etc. Remember this is what u have to do:-

Describe 2 Features (4 marks)
Causation (12 marks)
How far do you agree? (16 marks) *you get an option b/w 2 statements*
Thanks so much!

It's okay what revision methods I said will be applicable to you to as we do Edecel :smile:

Yea definately
What structure do u use for 16 markers for your thousand year long module??
And what do u write about in your intro and conclusion and how do u do assessment??
Sorry if I'm asking too many questions it's just getting too close to exams and I'm desperate for advice😭
Yea definately
And what do u write about in your intro and conclusion and how do u do assessment??
Sorry if I'm asking too many questions it's just getting too close to exams and I'm desperate for advice😭

For 16 markers, I write an introduction in which I set my argument. Then I write 3 paragraphs in support and 3 paragraphs not in support, and then conclude why my argument is better than the alternative
Yea definately

For 16 markers, I write an introduction in which I set my argument. Then I write 3 paragraphs in support and 3 paragraphs not in support, and then conclude why my argument is better than the alternative

Thanks!! How long are each of your paragraphs??and when do u do assessment
Thanks!! How long are each of your paragraphs??and when do u do assessment

So I write 8 paragraphs for a 16 marker and spend 28 mins on it.

Introduction
3 paragraphs on agree
3 paragraphs on disagree
Conclusion

*My paragraphs are straight to the point and are concise. They are all 5-6 lines of A4 long*. In each paragraph I link to question add my knowledge etc
for medicine any predictions for what period of time might come up for the 12 and 16 markers?
i have a feeling Vesalius and Harvey r gonna come up this year so imma revise them. But for the 16 marker, is writing intro, agree, disagree, conclusion enough? btw my paragraphs are like an A4 page long (sometimes a few lines longer)??
Original post by User_09
i have a feeling Vesalius and Harvey r gonna come up this year so imma revise them. But for the 16 marker, is writing intro, agree, disagree, conclusion enough? btw my paragraphs are like an A4 page long (sometimes a few lines longer)??

we were taught 3 main body paragraphs e.g intro agree disagree disagree but if each of ur paragraphs is a page u'll be fine
Icl, this is the easiest paper of the three. Atleast for Crime and Punishment. Sometimes they like to throw spanners at you, but edexcel is honestly tooooo lenient.

Like some of the exemplars my teacher wouldn't give half the marks to. Its also a reason I dont like this board as its too lenient, so grade boundries are insane, and if u get one question messed up, you lose a whole grade. Like for c and P, you can lose 8 marks before you drop a grade, so thats the source question. And thats it. Smh edexcel fix yourself.

Also btw, c and p is much better than medicine. medicine can get very dull sometimes.

Any questions on C and P, especially 1000 - present, feel free to ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending