The Student Room Group

Wanting to study abroad in placement year! Need advice :)

Hi, I’m currently in my first year of university and I’m studying a bachelors in Biomedical Sciences. My university doesn’t provide a study abroad programme for my course but I am on a sandwich course (I have a placement year after my second year of study). I really wanted to study or work abroad, specifically in America or Germany. I was wondering if anyone knows how I’d be able to go about this as a UK student with no university study abroad program available to me!
Original post by Thatsdamage667
Hi, I’m currently in my first year of university and I’m studying a bachelors in Biomedical Sciences. My university doesn’t provide a study abroad programme for my course but I am on a sandwich course (I have a placement year after my second year of study). I really wanted to study or work abroad, specifically in America or Germany. I was wondering if anyone knows how I’d be able to go about this as a UK student with no university study abroad program available to me!

Hi there,

It is great to hear that you are interested in studying abroad!

I'm not too sure how you'd go about doing that with no study abroad program available to you, but have you spoken to an advisor? I'd recommend talking to an advisor, your personal academic tutor, and your university's study abroad team (even if study abroad isn't initially offered for your course), as they can answer your questions much better than anyone else can.

Although I can't help much, I am currently on a year abroad in America. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Isabella
Third-year Geography with a Year Abroad Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending