The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Uni of Bristol - snobs?

hi!
could any uni of Bristol students / anyone who lives there and knows a decent amount of the culture at UOB let me know whether the stereotypes abt Bristol are true, particularly regarding the racist/ snobbish environment there? I’m a POC and while I come from a privileged background, to an extent, I really don’t want to be surrounded by just insanely wealthy/ pretentious people. I absolutely love the look of Bristol as a city & the uni but the things I’ve heard abt the culture there is kind of putting me off 😓 can anyone give me a bit more insight into it?
Thank you!
As its a RG uni there will be more privileged people but honestly it doesnt matter as youll find your people to hang out with - dont stop yourself from going to a good uni because youre worried about the people going there
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
hi!
could any uni of Bristol students / anyone who lives there and knows a decent amount of the culture at UOB let me know whether the stereotypes abt Bristol are true, particularly regarding the racist/ snobbish environment there? I’m a POC and while I come from a privileged background, to an extent, I really don’t want to be surrounded by just insanely wealthy/ pretentious people. I absolutely love the look of Bristol as a city & the uni but the things I’ve heard abt the culture there is kind of putting me off 😓 can anyone give me a bit more insight into it?
Thank you!

Some are snobbish but most people are not. I made friends there very quickly (I'm in Year 1, BSc Maths and Econ).

If you wanna worry about something, it's geography because the campus (and the rest of the city) is so hilly so walking around is a drag. 😂

Quick Reply