The Student Room Group

How are nusring students expected to pay for rent?

I'm starting dental nursing next year but I'm wondering how universities expect their nursing students to pay rent. With the full time nursing placements (that are unpaid), and 8-10k maintenance loan, how are they supposed to pay rent?

I wont have to pay rent for my rent during my first year as my parents are paying, but for the 3 years after that, i will have to pay for it. How is that possible? it's baffling to me.

Can other nursing students tell me how theyre affording to live without being paid for their placements?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by oceanlov3r
I'm starting dental nursing next year but I'm wondering how universities expect their nursing students to pay rent. With the full time nursing placements (that are unpaid), and 8-10k maintenance loan, how are they supposed to pay rent?
I wont have to pay rent for my rent during my first year as my parents are paying, but for the 3 years after that, i will have to pay for it. How is that possible? it's baffling to me.
Can other nursing students tell me how theyre affording to live without being paid for their placements?

Exactly the same as any other student - with student loan, help from parents, and, if needed, a part time job. If you get the NHS learning support fund bursary, that'll be a massive help that other students don't get. As for part time jobs, 0 hour contracts in retail, bars/restaraunts and the care sector will help as you can work these around your studies.
I’m confused as to why you would do dental nursing at uni for 3 years or is it dental hygiene? You can literally walk into an apprenticeship, work and get paid to train to be a dental nurse and left with no student debt 🤷🏻*♀️
Reply 3
Part time job my dude, I am a nursing student and do it as do most med students. That's the grind but vote Labour and they might actually respect us more but probably won't
Reply 4
Original post by Tonilou04
I’m confused as to why you would do dental nursing at uni for 3 years or is it dental hygiene? You can literally walk into an apprenticeship, work and get paid to train to be a dental nurse and left with no student debt 🤷🏻*♀️

Im doing dental nursing for a year, but my placement during that year is full time at the halfway mark. I wont have a problem with paying for rent during this year because my parents pay it, but for further study i will need to pay for it myself, so i was just wondering for future reference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending