The Student Room Group

ATAS Delay March 2024

Is anyone received ATAS during the end of March or April. Please share your reference.

I hope I can hear a good news. Thank you!
Original post by Muadhhh
Is anyone received ATAS during the end of March or April. Please share your reference.

I re-submitted on the 11th of March. Still waiting.
ref: 3812**
CAH: 10-01-01
Original post by nasresfa

Did you receive it? Please let me know when you will receive it if not!! Many thanks

Did you get the ATAS Certificate ?
Original post by Muadhhh
Did you receive it? Please let me know when you will receive it if not!! Many thanks

When did you apply ? any updates ?
Original post by Muadhhh

Not yet :frown:
Original post by akswer2mj
Did you get the ATAS Certificate ?

Not yet :frown:
Reply 7
Congrats to everyone who received their ATAS. Aquick question for everyone, i’m applying for ATASnow. I have a fully funded unconditional offer of aPhD in Chemical Engineering from Bath Uni. Whatshould I write in the sections ‘why are you interestedin this project’ and ‘what are you plans aftercompletions and future ambitions’?My PhD is about creating a new medical devicewhich should allow early detection of hypoxia ininfants. Not sure how this even qualifies for ATAS butwhatever. Im interested in the project bcz i wanted tocontribute to healthcare technology that significantlyimproves lives. The phd proposal states that by theend of the phd, i shpuld have created a prototype andused it in clinical trials on healthy volunteers. Isuppose that could suffice as what i hope to achieveby the end of the project?About future ambitions, i’m not sure what they wantto hear? That I will go back to my home country orstay here? I obviously want to stay in the UK but notsure what they want, as for normal student visas youhave to demonstrate your willingness to go back tohome country. I wanted to have a patent thru thismedical device and then work as a post doc or evenin a spin out company based on the device i wouldmake. Would really appreciate a response, good luckto everyone!
I just contacted my university and they said that some institutions have reported that it is taking longer than 6 weeks to receive the ATAS certificate at the moment. I recommend everyone contact their universities to flag this and raise awareness with FCDO as feedback on their processing time.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 9
I just contacted my university and they said that some institutions have reported that it is taking longer than 6 weeks to receive the ATAS certificate at moment. I recommend everyone contact their universities to flag this and raise awareness with FCDO as feedback on their processing time.

why the ATAS system is so uncertain, why student and researchers have to go through long waits, why they didnot set up review deadlines, needs to adopted a better system than ATAS :}

Original post by Muadhhh

I have applied on 27 feb but still no response. Have anyone received during the same period? please do respond
Original post by sayeed3438
I have applied on 27 feb but still no response. Have anyone received during the same period? please do respond

Hey applied 10th of February my application number is 379- and I haven’t received anything
I received my certificate on the 25th of April. I had submitted corrections on March 11th. It took 31 working days. CAH:10-01-01 and 3812** reference code.
It was stressful. Good luck everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending