The Student Room Group

URGENT: do i firm exeter or bristol for law

Hi i’m so so stuck i actually do not know whether to firm exeter or bristol for law.

I’ve visited both and loved both of them equally. what makes me a bit torn is that for exeter i’m guaranteed a year abroad as it’s included in the course (law with european study). but i’m not sure if i’ll get high enough grades to quality for one in bristol which is based on if you get a 2:1 in first year.

Furthermore i love the campus feel in exeter but i also like bristol city i do think i’ll make more friends in exeter as accommodation is so close to each other!
I keep being told that bristol is more prestigious and will offer me better chance to get a training contact at a london firm which is my dream but would it really matter if i did a masters in london after exeter?

any help would be so so helpful as i need to choose soon as accommodation opens in a week!
(edited 1 month ago)
hey congratulations
what course did you apply for at Bristol and around when did you get your offer?
CHOOSE WHICHEVER UNI YOU LIKE BEST, YOU ARE GOING TO BE THERE FOR A WHILE SO CHOOSE WISELY.
I agree both unis have pros and cons, think longterm which is going to be more beneficial for when you finish your degree.
Reply 2
Exeter is still an amazing university and if you know the benefits of going there a better then just go there - you could do well and still come out with a 1st?
Original post by Viafrancis
Hi i’m so so stuck i actually do not know whether to firm exeter or bristol for law.
I’ve visited both and loved both of them equally. what makes me a bit torn is that for exeter i’m guaranteed a year abroad as it’s included in the course (law with european study). but i’m not sure if i’ll get high enough grades to quality for one in bristol which is based on if you get a 2:1 in first year.
Furthermore i love the campus feel in exeter but i also like bristol city i do think i’ll make more friends in exeter as accommodation is so close to each other!
I keep being told that bristol is more prestigious and will offer me better chance to get a training contact at a london firm which is my dream but would it really matter if i did a masters in london after exeter?
any help would be so so helpful as i need to choose soon as accommodation opens in a week!

Have you tried directly comparing the modules for each year against each other? You could rank them or score them, and see which uni has the course content overall that you prefer.
Original post by Viafrancis

Bristol - stronger reputation, longer history, more alumni for law. Why would you want to get into another year of debt to do a Masters in London to improve your competitiveness after Exeter, rather than just go to Bristol in the first place?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending