The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Do De Montford business students live at home a lot?

Hi - I have heard that a lot of student live at home these days and travel to Uni to save money on accommodation. I want to make sure when I live in student accommodation that others on my business course are also on campus. Is anyone studying Business or Marketing at De Montford and can they tell me if the majority of first years live at the University? Also, is it easy to get on the football teams? Thanks a mill
Original post by SandraOddy
Hi - I have heard that a lot of student live at home these days and travel to Uni to save money on accommodation. I want to make sure when I live in student accommodation that others on my business course are also on campus. Is anyone studying Business or Marketing at De Montford and can they tell me if the majority of first years live at the University? Also, is it easy to get on the football teams? Thanks a mill

Hi there @SandraOddy although I'm not a current Business/Marketing student, I can give you some general advice about student accommodation and living in Leicester! 😁

Usually first-year UK Home students at undergraduate level are offered accommodation at one of our halls of residence.🏡🏢

For example - excitingly -

These range from being on-site in the centre of our campus (Newark Point - UniteStudents) to Liberty Park and Castle Court that are both only a short walk (10-15 mins) from the heart of DMU's campus.💃

With these options, a mixture of University-owned and private halls of residence, close to campus and reasonably priced (as Leicester has a fair range of options) there are a lot of students that choose Halls for their first - sometimes second too - year of study with us!🧑*🎓

Here at DMU we have a variety of Sports clubs that actively participate in BUCS with other Universities and institutions across the UK! Our DMUSport offers a supportive environment to engage with Football (or American Football - as we also offer that!) at a range of competitive levels and also socially!🏈⚽️

We also have our DMUSport Social Leagues, as well as recreational activities and slots for sports that you can book via DMUActive for our QEII Leisure Centre, The Watershed, or Beaumont Park facilities!🎊

Through DMUSport Social Leagues you can get involved in competitive social sport with groups of friends, housemates, coursemates, society members or any sort of team you can get together. The leagues are student led, are fun and friendly and a great way to stay active whilst balancing your studies and everything else that University life throws at you! More info on all of the above is here for you to have a browse 🤓 - DMUsport

I hope this has been helpful. All the best!

-Rose🌹, De Montfort University Rep.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by De Montfort University
Hi there @SandraOddy although I'm not a current Business/Marketing student, I can give you some general advice about student accommodation and living in Leicester! 😁
Usually first-year UK Home students at undergraduate level are offered accommodation at one of our halls of residence.🏡🏢

For example - excitingly -

These range from being on-site in the centre of our campus (Newark Point - UniteStudents) to Liberty Park and Castle Court that are both only a short walk (10-15 mins) from the heart of DMU's campus.💃
With these options, a mixture of University-owned and private halls of residence, close to campus and reasonably priced (as Leicester has a fair range of options) there are a lot of students that choose Halls for their first - sometimes second too - year of study with us!🧑*🎓
Here at DMU we have a variety of Sports clubs that actively participate in BUCS with other Universities and institutions across the UK! Our DMUSport offers a supportive environment to engage with Football (or American Football - as we also offer that!) at a range of competitive levels and also socially!🏈⚽️
We also have our DMUSport Social Leagues, as well as recreational activities and slots for sports that you can book via DMUActive for our QEII Leisure Centre, The Watershed, or Beaumont Park facilities!🎊
Through DMUSport Social Leagues you can get involved in competitive social sport with groups of friends, housemates, coursemates, society members or any sort of team you can get together. The leagues are student led, are fun and friendly and a great way to stay active whilst balancing your studies and everything else that University life throws at you! More info on all of the above is here for you to have a browse 🤓 - DMUsport
I hope this has been helpful. All the best!

Thanks very much for this. So for my friend is there a university football team and how many teams do you have at the University please?
Also do you know roughly how many of the students doing business and marketing live on campus versus living at home is it 50-50 or is it more 80–20? Really appreciate knowing this
All the best
Sandra
Original post by SandraOddy
Thanks very much for this. So for my friend is there a university football team and how many teams do you have at the University please?
Also do you know roughly how many of the students doing business and marketing live on campus versus living at home is it 50-50 or is it more 80–20? Really appreciate knowing this
All the best
Sandra

Hi there again Sandra @SandraOddy 😊 As above, yes we have both Women's Football (2 competing BUCS Teams and a development team), Men's Football (3 teams and a development - 4th- team) and American Football teams and clubs - as well as many other sports and clubs!

Both the Women's and Men's football teams compete at BUCS as part of their own category against other institutions.🏆️🥅

Regarding your query on proportions of students from certain degree programmes/faculties/subjects that enter into halls in their first year; as you can imagine this varies from year to year!
As far as I'm aware, we do not really have stats on this, as we do not separate or survey students per faculty or programme. We also have such a diverse range of students, such as commuting, part-time, full-time, distance learning, mature, international, home, postgraduate, undergraduate, foundation/year zero, that this data would be a mammoth task per year and again, vary every single intake and new group of students!

Apologies that I could not help more with your second query😰

Perhaps it would be a good idea to post around the TSR forums to get a feel for what other students at University, or in Business and Law, have found up and down the UK and at other institutions too 😁

I hope, however, it helped a little!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending