The Student Room Group

Financial Mathematics at Lancaster or Nottingham?

Hello everyone
I have received offers from both Nottingham and Lancaster and I really like both universities and their courses . I was just wondering if a degree from either university would be more valuable then a degree from the other one in regards to what employers would be looking for? also if the universities have good lecturers overall?
Thanks for the help!
Original post by CalE4356
Hello everyone
I have received offers from both Nottingham and Lancaster and I really like both universities and their courses . I was just wondering if a degree from either university would be more valuable then a degree from the other one in regards to what employers would be looking for? also if the universities have good lecturers overall?
Thanks for the help!

Hi,
Congratulations on your offers!
I don't study maths but if you are interested in finding out more details about the lecturers/course at Lancaster I'd advise messaging one of the digital student ambassadors at https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/chat/?popcardRedirectData=P2RlZ3JlZT01ZGRiZGFjM2I2MTczMTAyMWE4OTJhOGUmbGFiZWw9QWNjb3VudGluZyUyMGFuZCUyMEZpbmFuY2U%3D&ub_medium=product&ub_source=University%20Popcard&ub_campaign=&ub_content=
In terms of one degree or another being more valuable, I think being able to demonstrate the skills and knowledge you've gained from both your course and other experiences such as internships will likely be more important to an employer than the name of the University. That's just in my experience so far though! I suppose an exception would be if certain degrees are accredited by a relevant body but another is not?
Hope this helps,
Becky (Lancaster University student ambassador)
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi,
Congratulations on your offers!
I don't study maths but if you are interested in finding out more details about the lecturers/course at Lancaster I'd advise messaging one of the digital student ambassadors at https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/chat/?popcardRedirectData=P2RlZ3JlZT01ZGRiZGFjM2I2MTczMTAyMWE4OTJhOGUmbGFiZWw9QWNjb3VudGluZyUyMGFuZCUyMEZpbmFuY2U%3D&ub_medium=product&ub_source=University%20Popcard&ub_campaign=&ub_content=
In terms of one degree or another being more valuable, I think being able to demonstrate the skills and knowledge you've gained from both your course and other experiences such as internships will likely be more important to an employer than the name of the University. That's just in my experience so far though! I suppose an exception would be if certain degrees are accredited by a relevant body but another is not?
Hope this helps,
Becky (Lancaster University student ambassador)

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply