The Student Room Group

OCR A-level Sociology Paper 2 (H580/02) - 4th June 2024 [Exam Chat]

OCR A Level Sociology Paper 2 (H580/02) - 4th June 2024 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: Tuesday 4th Jun 2024/ AM
Length: 2h 15m
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
Any predictions for paper 2 y’all ? I’m suspecting age 😭
Hi any listed predictions for Paper 2 Inequalities?
Original post by minaykkk
Hi any listed predictions for Paper 2 Inequalities?

my predictions for 20 marker is gender with work and employment, gender inequal still exists (general), age affecting life chances or class inequality still exists (general) !!!!! i looked at all the past paper questions and those are the ones that have never come up, ethnicity comes up the most tho

not sure about the 40 markers!!!!
can someone please explain what section A questions are based on / how they're structured? my teachers r useless and there is no help online thanksss
Reply 5
Original post by beguine
Any predictions for paper 2 y’all ? I’m suspecting age 😭

age came up i the 2022 paper as a 20 marker and in the 2020 paper as a 40 marker so not too sure if it would come up again as a big marker like a 40
(edited 2 days ago)
Reply 6
Original post by nmitiiii20
can someone please explain what section A questions are based on / how they're structured? my teachers r useless and there is no help online thanksss

the section A questions are usually based on 2 sources (source A and source B) these are generally either quantitative or qualitative sources mainly one of each, you'll get asked 4 questions based around research methods E.G. questionnaires, longitudinal studies, PERVER etc and the sources. these questions come in a path of 4,6,10 and 25 however, in the 2018 paper for example this wasn't the same markers with all of them source based (E.G. with reference to source A.....). you are going to need sociologists as some questions may be about topics based on paper 1 for example but most of the time it will be based around data. this is quite a lotof information but if you have any other questions i can do my best to help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending