The Student Room Group

A level help

I’ve chosen English lit, psychology and biology. I am trying to decide between biomedical science and psychology. Are these the best a levels to take?
Original post by isabella829138
I’ve chosen English lit, psychology and biology. I am trying to decide between biomedical science and psychology. Are these the best a levels to take?

I would say instead of English lit do chemistry, this is because i am pretty sure biomedical science requires it. But make sure to check multiple university websites (especially the universities you are thinking of applying to) and checking what a levels they need for both psychology and biomedical sciences.

If biomed only requires one of the sciences, and pscyh only requires psych and you want to do eng lit go for it, as you want to make sure you study subjects you want to do, but honestly in my opinion if you won't like the a level subject and it's heavily based on it, you may not like it as a degree.

Also, from what I have seen biomed requires 2 subjects from maths, chemistry, bio and some say phsyics.
Original post by legendary-spectr
I would say instead of English lit do chemistry, this is because i am pretty sure biomedical science requires it. But make sure to check multiple university websites (especially the universities you are thinking of applying to) and checking what a levels they need for both psychology and biomedical sciences.
If biomed only requires one of the sciences, and pscyh only requires psych and you want to do eng lit go for it, as you want to make sure you study subjects you want to do, but honestly in my opinion if you won't like the a level subject and it's heavily based on it, you may not like it as a degree.
Also, from what I have seen biomed requires 2 subjects from maths, chemistry, bio and some say phsyics.

is it okay if i don’t do chemistry? i’m predicted a 7 at gcse and i’m confident that i will get it but i don’t really enjoy the subject.
Reply 3
biomed may require two sciences, id just check an array of unis to see overall what they ask for but if ur deciding on psych then most unis dont even require any science (or even psych), so ur options would be perfectly fine for psychology!!

Quick Reply

Latest