The Student Room Group

How to pick up marks on my EPQ

so my epq is about to end in a few weeks is there any tips anyone can share to pick up marks and hopefully get an A*.

Currently working on doing a Gantt chart to pick up marks for planning as well as evaluating my process with it.

Any tips for the final essay or last things to add in my production log will be really appreciated.
I think just go into as much detail as possible as it will give your center coordinator more things to mark.
Original post by kamdi_anamdi
so my epq is about to end in a few weeks is there any tips anyone can share to pick up marks and hopefully get an A*.
Currently working on doing a Gantt chart to pick up marks for planning as well as evaluating my process with it.
Any tips for the final essay or last things to add in my production log will be really appreciated.
In a similar situation, an easy one that my assessor mentioned was to check that all your references, ciatations and bibliography is fully up to date and CONSISTANT.
I didn’t release but i accidental changed the way i was citing sources while writing my dissertation and apparently this can drop marks.
Additionally, make sure your bibliography has all the sources you used, not just the websites or journals you’ve cited. So include any books/articles and literally anything else that you used to just gain background knowledge. Ensure you have used a minimum on 10 different sources that are a range of different media, ideally this should be more. Finally, when writing your project activity log and evaluation make sure you justify why you have selected some of these sources. Are they credible? Are the relevant? I’ve attached the marking grid below - check out the A02 box.
7E92851C-F778-4984-97B2-895413D58AE2.png
Original post by inland-precision
In a similar situation, an easy one that my assessor mentioned was to check that all your references, ciatations and bibliography is fully up to date and CONSISTANT.
I didn’t release but i accidental changed the way i was citing sources while writing my dissertation and apparently this can drop marks.
Additionally, make sure your bibliography has all the sources you used, not just the websites or journals you’ve cited. So include any books/articles and literally anything else that you used to just gain background knowledge. Ensure you have used a minimum on 10 different sources that are a range of different media, ideally this should be more. Finally, when writing your project activity log and evaluation make sure you justify why you have selected some of these sources. Are they credible? Are the relevant? I’ve attached the marking grid below - check out the A02 box.
7E92851C-F778-4984-97B2-895413D58AE2.png

thanks so much for this !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending