The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Concerned about UCL Econ

So I haven't received my decision from UCL for BSc Economics - 2024 entry. I saw UCL already offered several places. I submitted my UCAS at the beginning of October, but so far there has been no news. I would like to ask if UCL will still make an offer, or if there will only be a rejection letter 0_0
Original post by CheerR
So I haven't received my decision from UCL for BSc Economics - 2024 entry. I saw UCL already offered several places. I submitted my UCAS at the beginning of October, but so far there has been no news. I would like to ask if UCL will still make an offer, or if there will only be a rejection letter 0_0

Hi! I would advise you to keep your hopes up! A longer response time doesn't mean a rejection, it just means they haven't even gotten to your application yet. Their decision to accept or reject will take the same amount of time for you to receive. Also, UCL doesn't respond sooner even if you apply sooner - they only start looking at applications after January 31st. Personally, I got an offer about 3 weeks after I saw others with the same course getting an offer. It was worrying but it turns out that's just how they do things! If you're confident with the application you submitted then don't let the waiting get you down. Also, if you are checking your application on Portico, look to see if it has changed to "application being processed" or something similar. If you see that it means you'll get a response within 24hrs. Good luck! 🙂
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi! I would advise you to keep your hopes up! A longer response time doesn't mean a rejection, it just means they haven't even gotten to your application yet. Their decision to accept or reject will take the same amount of time for you to receive. Also, UCL doesn't respond sooner even if you apply sooner - they only start looking at applications after January 31st. Personally, I got an offer about 3 weeks after I saw others with the same course getting an offer. It was worrying but it turns out that's just how they do things! If you're confident with the application you submitted then don't let the waiting get you down. Also, if you are checking your application on Portico, look to see if it has changed to "application being processed" or something similar. If you see that it means you'll get a response within 24hrs. Good luck! 🙂
Really appreciate for your patient answers, I am actually anxious during this time. Hope your application goes well mate!!!
Yeah I'm the same, still waiting for a response. I thought I'd hear back in march tbh...
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I'm the same, still waiting for a response. I thought I'd hear back in march tbh...

Same I still haven’t heard from ucl. I was an early applicant as well
Original post by Rem_ade
Same I still haven’t heard from ucl. I was an early applicant as well

Same, really annoying we have to wait so long but what can you do...
Same, really annoying we have to wait so long but what can you do...

What was your ucas if you don’t mind me asking
What was your ucas if you don’t mind me asking

Ive applied to Oxford (E + M), LSE (Economcs), UCL (Economics), Nottingham (Economics) and Manchester (Economics and Finance). Obviously got Notts and Manny.
Got rejected from Oxford.
Still waiting on LSE and UCL

Don't know if you want to know but I'll add it,
I do Maths, FM, Econ and Physics. Predicted 3 A*'s and 1 A.
No TMUA
Ive applied to Oxford (E + M), LSE (Economcs), UCL (Economics), Nottingham (Economics) and Manchester (Economics and Finance). Obviously got Notts and Manny.
Got rejected from Oxford.
Still waiting on LSE and UCL
Don't know if you want to know but I'll add it,
I do Maths, FM, Econ and Physics. Predicted 3 A*'s and 1 A.
No TMUA

and GCSE's 999999988
Reply 9
and GCSE's 999999988

I applied Cambridge warwick for econ but got rejected post interview, waiting for lse fin maths and stats and got Manchester for econ and finance (probably gonna switch to bSc econ if I go there) and I’m also waiting for ucl.
Original post by Rem_ade
I applied Cambridge warwick for econ but got rejected post interview, waiting for lse fin maths and stats and got Manchester for econ and finance (probably gonna switch to bSc econ if I go there) and I’m also waiting for ucl.
Tbh I might switch to bSc Econ at Manchester too If I go. I didn't even get interview at Oxford haha.
Good luck for UCL and LSE!
Tbh I might switch to bSc Econ at Manchester too If I go. I didn't even get interview at Oxford haha.

Thanks, good luck to you as well.
Anyone else waiting to hear from UCL for Economics offers ?
im waiting too
Reply 14

Also if you’re planning to switch to Bsc Econ you should probably email The economics and finance department just to make sure. I emailed them around march and they said it was possible but to email them back again after Easter, which I have just done.
Thoughts on Durham vs UCL? Am still waiting for UCL so just killing time evaluating!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending