The Student Room Group

GCSE Computer Science help

Does anyone have any advice for OCR Computer Science? My teacher has only just started teaching Unit 2, and we definately do not have enough class time to go through the entire Unit, so i'm going to start teaching myself as i'm hoping to take it in Sixth Form and need to get a 7. Any advice would be greatly appriciated.
Reply 1
Original post by evskel
Does anyone have any advice for OCR Computer Science? My teacher has only just started teaching Unit 2, and we definately do not have enough class time to go through the entire Unit, so i'm going to start teaching myself as i'm hoping to take it in Sixth Form and need to get a 7. Any advice would be greatly appriciated.

I think that Craig n Dave is a great resource for Computer Science. For unit 2 (which I'm assuming is paper 2), I'd say the hardest topic might be reading a writing to files, and maybe test data is a bit annoying to remember. Please correct me if my assumption is wrong.

Also, if you've done programming in the past it shouldn't be too bad. I did horrible in the theory paper but did good on paper 2 and I got an A (I did CAIE IGCSE cs)
Reply 2
Original post by Nughm
I think that Craig n Dave is a great resource for Computer Science. For unit 2 (which I'm assuming is paper 2), I'd say the hardest topic might be reading a writing to files, and maybe test data is a bit annoying to remember. Please correct me if my assumption is wrong.
Also, if you've done programming in the past it shouldn't be too bad. I did horrible in the theory paper but did good on paper 2 and I got an A (I did CAIE IGCSE cs)

thank you! I have been watching some of Craig n Dave’s videos and they are definitely helping. I don’t think we have learnt enough programming as we should have done. I can write quite a bit in python, just need to get comfortable with iterations ect.
hopefully i’ll be able to wrap my head around everything in time.
For computing ocr paper 2, try to do practice questions, you need to be able to use logic in your programming answers to get the top grades. I recommend the website https://www.csnewbs.com/ocr-gcse persoanlly it helped a lot. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending