The Student Room Group

I dont know what to study further

I did my olevels back in 2021 and my grades were great. I got all A and A*s. then did my alevels and i decided to take bio chem and maths. unexpectedly my alevel results were all Cs. initially i dreamed to study medicine but i am not sure about that now. i feel so bad and confused i dont know what to study as in career wise. i dont have any specific hobbies or anything but i am interested in science field. i am so lost :frown:
Reply 1
Hi Aysha

Ask yourself these questions - did you really want to study medicine? Are you a passionate scientist? If you could spend your time reading about something, what would it be?

Whilst you did Sciences for A level - which subjects were your favourite through school and at GCSE? Do you have any other career aspirations?
Reply 2
Good careers website with 100s of different career and job profiles - Job profiles | Prospects.ac.uk

NHS job profiles - Explore roles | Health Careers
NHS jobs search - Search for jobs in the NHS
Reply 3
Original post by CST20024
Hi Aysha
Ask yourself these questions - did you really want to study medicine? Are you a passionate scientist? If you could spend your time reading about something, what would it be?
Whilst you did Sciences for A level - which subjects were your favourite through school and at GCSE? Do you have any other career aspirations?

In my GCSE I did combined streams which involved bio chem maths English business studies and accounting.
And talking about my passion I really love science and biology especially. But I feel like if I go with medicine it will require me to study for a life time. I would like to have a work life balance in future.
I do like business field as well but I don't think desk jobs are really meant for me thou I am not sure and very confused.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending