The Student Room Group

Guildhall EPM Outcome

Hi! I’ve applied for the Guildhall Electronic and Produced Music course and I don’t have a school to talk me through the process, as I’ve been out of education for a while due to disability. I have no idea how long these things take or what to expect!
Just wondering if anyone knows how long the outcome takes to come through? Or if anyone else who’s applied to this course can share their thoughts.
(I had my interview with them on the 7th of March so it’s been around three weeks now! Every day I’m anxiously checking my emails, haha!)
Reply 1
Sorry I dont have any idea when you'll hear back from them ☹️ I hope it turns out successful! If you don't mind me asking, what was the interview like? And how was the application process like in general for EPM?
Good luck for when they get back to you!
Reply 2
Original post by zombiej
Sorry I dont have any idea when you'll hear back from them ☹️ I hope it turns out successful! If you don't mind me asking, what was the interview like? And how was the application process like in general for EPM?
Good luck for when they get back to you!

Thank you very much!
The interview was really fast paced and heavy, in my opinion. There were a lot of very widely answerable questions that were there not just to judge your ability, but also your character and your enthusiasm towards the subject you’re applying for! But the interviewers were absolutely lovely and made it a really good experience, regardless of whether I get accepted or not :smile:
The hard part of the application process was the creative task! They give you a week to score a short film and much to my dismay, the short film was a comedic piece - comedy being my weakness! - although once I got into it, it was great fun and really valuable as a learning experience.
Are you thinking of applying to GSMD for next year? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by evieash
Thank you very much!
The interview was really fast paced and heavy, in my opinion. There were a lot of very widely answerable questions that were there not just to judge your ability, but also your character and your enthusiasm towards the subject you’re applying for! But the interviewers were absolutely lovely and made it a really good experience, regardless of whether I get accepted or not :smile:
The hard part of the application process was the creative task! They give you a week to score a short film and much to my dismay, the short film was a comedic piece - comedy being my weakness! - although once I got into it, it was great fun and really valuable as a learning experience.
Are you thinking of applying to GSMD for next year? :smile:

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate all the information as there is so little I can find out there! I might apply next year or after a gap year... Seemingly more likely to be after a gap year as I'd want to be able to save some money before going.. (hopefully!)

Quick Reply

Latest