The Student Room Group

How do I cut off parents at the start of my University year?

So, I'm aware that you have to fill out an estrangement form to be able to get financial support and things like that but, I don't plan on telling my parents and going no contact with them until I actually have a roof above my head as it would be way to dangerous if I told them in their house, so I plan on moving out in university and then confronting them about everything they've done and cutting them off for good. But I'm not sure how would student finance work out? When and how would I fill out an estrangement form? I don't know how all of these things would work out but I'm completely sure I want to cut them off and go no contact with them. I don't want these kind of people in my life.
Original post by Anonymous
So, I'm aware that you have to fill out an estrangement form to be able to get financial support and things like that but, I don't plan on telling my parents and going no contact with them until I actually have a roof above my head as it would be way to dangerous if I told them in their house, so I plan on moving out in university and then confronting them about everything they've done and cutting them off for good. But I'm not sure how would student finance work out? When and how would I fill out an estrangement form? I don't know how all of these things would work out but I'm completely sure I want to cut them off and go no contact with them. I don't want these kind of people in my life.

https://www.ucas.com/money-and-student-life/money/additional-funding/financial-support-students-not-supported-their-parents-estranged
‘You cannot apply as estranged just because:
your parents don’t financially support you
you don’t get on with your parents
you don’t live with your parents
To apply as an estranged student you need to provide some evidence. The easiest way to do this is to fill in the ‘Confirmation of Estrangement Form’. You can get this form on your student finance account once you’ve submitted your application.
Otherwise, you can send a:
letter from your social worker
letter from a doctor that knows your situation
police report showing any related incidents
letter from a teacher who knows your situation
letter from a ‘person of good standing in the community’ (for example a solicitor, religious leader or counsellor)’

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending