The Student Room Group

BBB Conditional and I am predicted ABC (Highers)

been stressing for ages but does any other uni say that not meeting conditional you can't reapply through clearing?

I think it's important to note that this is the only one I applied for since it is a very niche subject and only one place in Scotland provides it.

I am predicted ABC and need BBB i already have an A at higher but 2 Cs so those don't count for anything. So it means I would (be predicted) AABC and not AABB which is unfortunate. It's a long story but I don't think this B would be achievable. just wondering if anywhere else has the "can't go through clearing if you missed your conditional" and people who missed a grade still got in. just really paranoid lol sorry
Original post by exmilitary
been stressing for ages but does any other uni say that not meeting conditional you can't reapply through clearing?

I think it's important to note that this is the only one I applied for since it is a very niche subject and only one place in Scotland provides it.

I am predicted ABC and need BBB i already have an A at higher but 2 Cs so those don't count for anything. So it means I would (be predicted) AABC and not AABB which is unfortunate. It's a long story but I don't think this B would be achievable. just wondering if anywhere else has the "can't go through clearing if you missed your conditional" and people who missed a grade still got in. just really paranoid lol sorry

You ask, "does any other uni say that not meeting conditional you can't reapply through clearing?" - but you haven't actually mentioned the university to which you're referring.

The reason a uni might make such a statement (which seems unreasonable initially) is that if you don't meet your offer conditions, they might choose to accept you anyway (if they have space).

Assuming they have space, and they're prepared to accept you anyway, they'll just do so on results day rather than forcing you to reapply via Clearing. Alternatively, if they've looked at your grades (and your whole application) and decided that you'd not the candidate for them, then it'd be pointless to have you apply via Clearing and be immediately turned down.

So the approach that this uni is taking is actually an entirely reasonable and sensible one.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
You ask, "does any other uni say that not meeting conditional you can't reapply through clearing?" - but you haven't actually mentioned the university to which you're referring.
The reason a uni might make such a statement (which seems unreasonable initially) is that if you don't meet your offer conditions, they might choose to accept you anyway (if they have space).
Assuming they have space, and they're prepared to accept you anyway, they'll just do so on results day rather than forcing you to reapply via Clearing. Alternatively, if they've looked at your grades (and your whole application) and decided that you'd not the candidate for them, then it'd be pointless to have you apply via Clearing and be immediately turned down.
So the approach that this uni is taking is actually an entirely reasonable and sensible one.

Yeah sorry that's my fault I should have been more specific haha. I was just wondering because it was the only place that I could find that state it and wasn't sure if it happened elsewhere. I think I misinterpreted what it meant. That makes a bit more sense.

Cheers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending