The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Offer from University of Warwick.

I have got a conditional offer from University of Warwick subject to a good 7 band in IELTS? Also I have got the joining letter from the company I applied to.
My question is should I go for Warwick or work for a year then again apply for Warwick. Getting confused?
Original post by Anonymous
I have got a conditional offer from University of Warwick subject to a good 7 band in IELTS? Also I have got the joining letter from the company I applied to.
My question is should I go for Warwick or work for a year then again apply for Warwick. Getting confused?

You don't mention the type of job you'd be doing if you opted for that, nor whether the experience would be relevant to your intended future career.

You also don't mention whether they money your earn could be saved to help fund your time at Warwick, nor whether that's important to your decision-making.

Have you considered the option of asking Warwick to make your offer a deferred offer - i.e. for a September 2025 start? That way, you wouldn't need to reapply - the place would just be sitting there waiting for you (assuming you met the IELTS condition).
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by DataVenia
You don't mention the type of job you'd be doing if you opted for that, nor whether the experience would be relevant to your intended future career.
You also don't mention whether they money your earn could be saved to help fund your time at Warwick, nor whether that's important to your decision-making.
Have you considered the option of asking Warwick to make your offer a deferred offer - i.e. for a September 2025 start? That way, you wouldn't need to reapply - the place would just be sitting there waiting for you (assuming you met the IELTS condition).

I haven't asked them about the deferred offer.
Original post by mohit13012001
I haven't asked them about the deferred offer.

Would it give you the best of both worlds? Or are you slightly unsure about the job anyway (even if you knew you had a place at Warwick waiting for you in 2025)?
Would it give you the best of both worlds? Or are you slightly unsure about the job anyway (even if you knew you had a place at Warwick waiting for you in 2025)?

I want to go for Warwick. I don't have any second thoughts about it. What I am feeling is if I apply next year I will not get the offer again. That's why I want to go for this sept intake . Only thing is my parents are forcing me to get work experience and then apply again.
I want to go for Warwick. I don't have any second thoughts about it. What I am feeling is if I apply next year I will not get the offer again. That's why I want to go for this sept intake . Only thing is my parents are forcing me to get work experience and then apply again.

OK. So ask Warwick to change your conditional offer to a deferred one - i.e. for 2025 entry. Both problems solved.

A deferred place means you wouldn't need to reapply next year. You work for a year. Then you start at Warwick - with a guaranteed place waiting for you.
OK. So ask Warwick to change your conditional offer to a deferred one - i.e. for 2025 entry. Both problems solved.
A deferred place means you wouldn't need to reapply next year. You work for a year. Then you start at Warwick - with a guaranteed place waiting for you.

Understood, need to ask them about the deferred offer because there is a slight possibility that Warwick doesn't give deferred offer.
Understood, need to ask them about the deferred offer because there is a slight possibility that Warwick doesn't give deferred offer.

See their "Deferring your offer" page for details of how to do this.

(That page says, "Many departments do allow applicants to defer their place by one academic year." Note that they don't say "all", or even "most", which is why you need to contact them.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending