The Student Room Group

Student finance

Hello, had a major hiccup with sfe for the past couple months now. Contacted sfe months ago they said they need evidence that proves I was in the uk before the start of my course which is a criteria I need to meet. So I sent my tenancy agreement then was told by an advisor that the pre assessment found me eligible and now they’re just waiting for the migrant worker team to turn my online EU account to an home student account (which they never did). Called sfe several times as they always gave me a timescale but would never get an update after the timescale. Fast forward to today, was told by an advisor that I’m not eligible because I wasn’t in the Uk on the 31/12/20 and I don’t have a pre settled or settled status(I’m an Irish citizen). Let me give information about myself and the evidence I sent along with my PN1 form.

PN1 form
Irish passport
Mothers payslip (she works in Ireland)
Copy of contract of employment
3 months payslips
My tenancy agreement that shows I was in the uk on 01/09/22 ( my course started on 22/09/22)
My previous residence list (showing address from previous residence including my years in Ireland up till present day)

It’s so frustrating as I sent over my application since November 2023 and every time I call the advisors they’re telling me wrong information and they clearly don’t know what you need to have to be eligible for EU migrant worker. Also frustrating the migrant worker team doesn’t have an email address or phone number to contact instead of going through third parties.
Hi there,

We are unable to access accounts on the student room. The Migrant Worker Team are not customer facing however if you call between 10am and 2pm Monday to Friday and advisor may be able to contact them to check why you are not eligible.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 2
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,
We are unable to access accounts on the student room. The Migrant Worker Team are not customer facing however if you call between 10am and 2pm Monday to Friday and advisor may be able to contact them to check why you are not eligible.
Thanks, Drew
will do, but must you be resident in the UK by 31/12/2020 to be eligible for EU Migrant worker?
Hi there. I have responded to this on your other post. Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending