The Student Room Group

Can someone please solve this?

C is a circle. let T be a point such that TA and TB are two different tangents to C at A and B respectively. denote ethe circumcentre of triangle TAB by G. if the point G also lies on C, show that angle ATB equals 60 degree.
Reply 1
Honestly I haven’t learnt anything about this since I’m still in Year 11. I tried to self learn but still have no idea… I’ll really appreciate it if sb can solve this!
Reply 2
Original post by pinkycloudy
C is a circle. let T be a point such that TA and TB are two different tangents to C at A and B respectively. denote ethe circumcentre of triangle TAB by G. if the point G also lies on C, show that angle ATB equals 60 degree.

Presume youve drawn a sketch and marked on the important info? If so, upload it and any ideas?

Edit - there are two obvious ways you could go based on either the circumcircle centre being equidistant from the triangles vertices or the centre being the intersection of the triangle's perpendicular bisectors.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by pinkycloudy
Honestly I haven’t learnt anything about this since I’m still in Year 11. I tried to self learn but still have no idea… I’ll really appreciate it if sb can solve this!

If youre in y11, where is the question from as circumcentres are not on the usual specification

Quick Reply