The Student Room Group
University of York
York

psychology - uni of york 2024

Hey!

Is anyone planning on going to Uni of York for a psychology undergrad this year?
:smile:
Hey!! Yeah i am :smile:)
University of York
York
Did you hear about York? Apparently it is the stinkiest place in the UK and so it might be quite hard to live there for a few years. Also the students are proud of how bad they smell.
Hi! York is my firm for psychology :smile:
Original post by Muhcloodles
Hi! York is my firm for psychology :smile:

york is my firm too!! :smile:
Original post by moonfrogg
york is my firm too!! :smile:

woop woop!! i’ve only met like 1 other person (now two) who’ve firmed york
Original post by Muhcloodles
woop woop!! i’ve only met like 1 other person (now two) who’ve firmed york

ur the first oerson i’ve met who’s firming york!! i don’t even know anyone going to york at all 😭😭
ur the first oerson i’ve met who’s firming york!! i don’t even know anyone going to york at all 😭😭

i would pm you but i actually can’t bc i haven’t post anything 💀
Reply 8

Can I jump in as well bc I know no one omg. I'm doing acturial science though!
Original post by caoimhe141
Hey!
Is anyone planning on going to Uni of York for a psychology undergrad this year?
:smile:

Hiya! i’ve firmed york for psychology 😄 do you know if there is a group chat yet?
Original post by RoseBobby
Hiya! i’ve firmed york for psychology 😄 do you know if there is a group chat yet?

hii!! i don’t think there is a groupchat for psychology!! i’ll have a little search tho :smile:
Congratulations to you all on your offers to study Psychology at York!

If there's anything you'd like to know about life at York as a student, or about your course, feel free to reply to this thread and I'll do my best to find out the answers for you!
Original post by University of York
Congratulations to you all on your offers to study Psychology at York!
If there's anything you'd like to know about life at York as a student, or about your course, feel free to reply to this thread and I'll do my best to find out the answers for you!

Thank you! I just wanted to ask if there are many volunteer/placement opportunities throughout the year for psychology?
Original post by RoseBobby
Thank you! I just wanted to ask if there are many volunteer/placement opportunities throughout the year for psychology?

Hi there,

Of course, there are several voluntary/placement opportunities available to all students at the University of York. I've tried to summarise these in the bullet points below:

You could extend your degree course by a year by undertaking a placement year. This usually falls after the second year of the course and is organised through the careers and placements team rather than through your department. Placements can be paid or unpaid, it's up to you which type(s) you apply for.

York internships - these are paid internships in and around York exclusively for UoY students, they can last between 4 and 12 weeks and usually run over the summer vacation period, but some run at Easter and Christmas too.

York students in schools - this is a voluntary programme where you'll agree to work half-a-day per week for a semester (or 10 weeks) at a local school or nursery in York. There are different types of voluntary placements available.

Other volunteering opportunities are also available throughout the year and are available to current students via our careers platform, Handshake

For volunteering and placement opportunities specific to Psychology students, I'd recommend contacting the Department of Psychology, [email protected]

I hope this helps! - Hannah 🙂
Original post by University of York
Hi there,
Of course, there are several voluntary/placement opportunities available to all students at the University of York. I've tried to summarise these in the bullet points below:

You could extend your degree course by a year by undertaking a placement year. This usually falls after the second year of the course and is organised through the careers and placements team rather than through your department. Placements can be paid or unpaid, it's up to you which type(s) you apply for.

York internships - these are paid internships in and around York exclusively for UoY students, they can last between 4 and 12 weeks and usually run over the summer vacation period, but some run at Easter and Christmas too.

York students in schools - this is a voluntary programme where you'll agree to work half-a-day per week for a semester (or 10 weeks) at a local school or nursery in York. There are different types of voluntary placements available.

Other volunteering opportunities are also available throughout the year and are available to current students via our careers platform, Handshake

For volunteering and placement opportunities specific to Psychology students, I'd recommend contacting the Department of Psychology, [email protected]
I hope this helps! - Hannah 🙂

thank you so much!!!!
Original post by Bo77 Tman
Did you hear about York? Apparently it is the stinkiest place in the UK and so it might be quite hard to live there for a few years. Also the students are proud of how bad they smell.

Really? Why is that?

Quick Reply

Latest